* RE: Updated: bison-1.33-1
       [not found] <20020211182408.GA2146@redhat.com>
@ 2002-02-11 11:22 ` Francisco y Luis Murillo Piedrahita
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Francisco y Luis Murillo Piedrahita @ 2002-02-11 11:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

http://usuarios.tripod.es/hompage_fuga

Hello,
Visit our web site, download the songs totally free and sign our guest
book!!

Thanks so much!!

Keep supporting Heavy Metal!!

WE ARE LOOKING FOR RECORD LABEL!!, I hope you help us with that!!, thanks in
advise!!

Francis Murillo.

From: Andrew Chang @ 2002-02-14  9:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Is there a option switch or a env variable to change the default of the
cygwin setup command ? (I need to change the default to "Install from local
directory"  in the cygwin setup window).

If no, can someone email me a pointer of the scource
of setup.exe, I will try to add that...

Thanks
Andrew Chang

* Re: question on the cygwin setup command
@ 2002-02-14 10:55   ` Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc)
From: Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc) @ 2002-02-14 10:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Chang, cygwin

At 12:00 PM 2/14/2002, Andrew Chang wrote:
>Is there a option switch or a env variable to change the default of the
>cygwin setup command ? (I need to change the default to "Install from local
>directory"  in the cygwin setup window).

No, not yet anyway.

>If no, can someone email me a pointer of the scource
>of setup.exe, I will try to add that...

Great.  Consider this question asked and answered in detail in the email
archives.  But, the short answer is src/winsup/cinstall in CVS
(http://cygwin.com/cvs.html).

@ 2002-02-14 20:14 ` Andrew Chang
       [not found] ` <200202150432.g1F4W0x19345@work.bitmover.com>
From: Andrew Chang @ 2002-02-14 20:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Thursday 14 February 2002 09:00 am, Andrew Chang wrote:
> Is there a option switch or a env variable to change the default of the
> cygwin setup command ? (I need to change the default to "Install from local
> directory"  in the cygwin setup window).
>
> If no, can someone email me a pointer of the scource
> of setup.exe, I will try to add that...

> Thanks
> Andrew Chang

OK, I found the code that need to be changed.
However the top-of-turnk "cinstall" seems to be incompatible
with cygwin1.3.9. I need to roll back and work on "cinstall" version 2.15.2.10
as the base line. (I think this is the version compatible with cygwin 1.3.9)
When I do do a "cvs update -r2.125.2.10"
cvs deteleted most of the config file and source file,
What am I doing wrong ?

       [not found]   ` <07b901c1b5da$105a5ce0$0200a8c0@lifelesswks>
@ 2002-02-14 21:10     ` Andrew Chang
From: Andrew Chang @ 2002-02-14 21:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Robert Collins; +Cc: cygwin

> ===

I removed the setup.ini file, remove all of cygwin regustry entry, removed
the c:/cygwin directry, and re-ran setup.exe, got the same problem. (note
that if I switch to the old setup.exe, it worked fine)

Andrew

* Re: question on the cygwin setup command
@ 2002-02-14 21:11       ` Robert Collins
From: Robert Collins @ 2002-02-14 21:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Chang; +Cc: cygwin

===
> > It should pickup the setup.ini and use it. If nothings updated, then
> > nothing will install (naturally).
> >

> I removed the setup.ini file, remove all of cygwin regustry entry,
removed
> the c:/cygwin directry, and re-ran setup.exe, got the same problem.
(note
> that if I switch to the old setup.exe, it worked fine)

It needs setup.ini to function correctly. Without it you get limited
functionality.

Anyway, 'works for me'. You'll need to debug it and see whats happening.

Rob