* cygwin support for building for Win CE
@ 2016-04-07 13:12 Nellis, Kenneth
From: Nellis, Kenneth @ 2016-04-07 13:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Please let me know whether Cygwin offers any package support
for building native Windows CE binaries, specifically 5.0.
I tried i686-w64-mingw32-gcc, and it builds just fine for
regular Windows, but such binaries do not run under CE.
(I'm familiar with building for *nix; not so much Windows.)

--Ken Nellis

* Re: cygwin support for building for Win CE
@ 2016-04-07 20:17 ` Stephen John Smoogen
From: Stephen John Smoogen @ 2016-04-07 20:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 7 April 2016 at 07:12, Nellis, Kenneth <Kenneth.Nellis@xerox.com> wrote:
> Please let me know whether Cygwin offers any package support
> for building native Windows CE binaries, specifically 5.0.
> I tried i686-w64-mingw32-gcc, and it builds just fine for
> regular Windows, but such binaries do not run under CE.
> (I'm familiar with building for *nix; not so much Windows.)

I don't think so because Windows CE is a mixture of different
architectures (arm32, arm64, something intel like). The win ce item
will need to be compiled for that architecture or using .net universal
machine (sort of like java but .net)

> --Ken Nellis
>
> --

Stephen J Smoogen.