From: Brian Inglis <Brian.Inglis@SystematicSw.ab.ca>
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: falled compilations
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2016 02:10:00 -0000	[thread overview]

On 2016-10-18 19:15, juan carlos Rebate wrote:
>> On 10/18/2016 7:04 PM, juan carlos Rebate wrote:
>>> in the three applications receive the same error
>>> error cc either not exit or no work,
>> First check that gcc is in the path, something like this (in mintty):
>> $ which gcc
>> /usr/bin/gcc
>> $ which cc
>> /usr/bin/cc
>>> but this is not true, when I call to gcc works correctly, todod
>>> tutorials tell me that do the following ./configure --cc=gcc or
>>> ./configure --cc="gcc-3 -mno-cygwin" --host-cc=gcc-3
>> Wrong, useless, tutorials.  What you really do, if needed (and it really
>> shouldn't be needed, see above).
>> ./configure CC=gcc
>> In fact you can learn that by simply running:
>> ./configure --help
> no on C:\cygwin\usr no gcc folder but if the mingw32 folder, this is
> vygwin error because the whole development category is installed

On Unix most executables have no extension, so Cygwin does not always
show the .exe following a program name, and /usr/bin/gcc is the normal
Cygwin output for the compiler gcc.exe, and is not a folder name.
If you look for the file under Windows Explorer, you will see the
directory entry forgcc.exe, unless you hide extensions.

Please run Cygwin using the Cygwin Terminal Start Menu Entry;
in that window, cd to the directory where the program configure script
was downloaded; run the following command:
	./configure && make
without adding any other options, and post the output in a reply here.

Without actual error messages, no one can see if you have any issues
which need fixed.