Am 26.01.2020 um 09:38 schrieb Marco Atzeri: > Am 26.01.2020 um 09:05 schrieb ASSI: >> Marco Atzeri writes: >>> at least I know that is not just my machine. >>> When I released the package was >>> >>> >>>    libinterp/corefcn/file-io.cc-tst >>> ............................... PASS 90/90 >> >> Based on the test name there may be an assumption built into the code >> about how the filesystem behaves that isn't guaranteed on Windows/Cygwin >> or even POSIX.  If it's simply an error condition not getting checked it >> should be reproducible under debugging, but you're mostly out of luck if >> it's relying on a specific order or atomicity of certain operations, as >> debugging will almost always serialize the execution to the point where >> these types of errors do not manifest. >> >> >> Regards, >> Achim. > > the other problem of debugging is that the backtrace is trash > after the segfault and that of course Octave is a > 400 Kg gorilla with all its dependencies.. > > I will try anyway > > Thanks > Marco > one thing that I noticed is that the old binary I released and the new one built are behaving differently. So whatever is the problem that you and me are seeing and that Takashi's system seems immune is causing a difference at compilation time in the executable: Old binary: octave:2> run test-round6a.m octave:3> run test-round6b.m New binary: octave:1> run test-round6a.m fatal: caught signal Segmentation fault -- stopping myself... Segmentation fault (core dumped) octave:1> run test-round6b.m fatal: caught signal Segmentation fault -- stopping myself... Segmentation fault (core dumped) Can you and Takashi provide me your cygcheck.out so that I can look on possible difference that could influence the build behaviour. Of course I have W10 Home and Takashi a W10 Pro an that is already a difference. Regards Marco