From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@itdomain.com.au>
To: Heribert Dahms <heribert_dahms@icon-scm.com>
Cc: Charles Wilson <cwilson@ece.gatech.edu>,
	Mark Jones <mark_umr@excite.com>,
	 Stephano Mariani <sk.cygml@btinternet.com>,
	cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: RE: New Install May Have a Bug
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2001 14:54:00 -0000	[thread overview]

On Wed, 2001-11-28 at 09:38, Heribert Dahms wrote:
> what do you think about categories like minimal, typical, (custom), full,
> new,
> with typical as default?

I think there's confusion here: categories are applied to what a package
is or does, not to the particular configuration it may fit into.

What you are talking about is metapackages, which are implemented via
categories, but need a new screen to allow the choice - simply for user
clarity - as setup.exe can handle those packages now.

Rob

WARNING: multiple messages have this Message-ID
From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@itdomain.com.au>
To: Heribert Dahms <heribert_dahms@icon-scm.com>
Cc: Charles Wilson <cwilson@ece.gatech.edu>,
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 14:42:00 -0000	[thread overview]