* Re: Virus in CYGWIN download
@ 2001-12-15  3:58 Katherina O'Connor
From: Katherina O'Connor @ 2001-12-15  3:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hello,

The server second down from the top of the
list in the setup.exe dialog is
http://planetmirror.com
the third: ftp.sunside.utk.edu

I never download from this server. No virus
to be found on my cygwin installation.

Cheers
-Katherina

*****************

I just downloaded several CYGWIN package updates and during the
unpacking the following virus was discovered by Virus Sheld:

 C:\CYGWIN\BIN\UNEXPAND.EXE

The virus is W32/CTX.

The server was the second down from the top of the list in the
setup.exe dialog. (Sorry, but I don't remember its name.)

Einmal schenken, 12mal auspacken: Zeitschriften-Abos zu Weihnachten!
 http://rubriken.fireball.de/guj/

* Re: Virus in CYGWIN download
@ 2001-12-15  9:31 ` Tim Prince
From: Tim Prince @ 2001-12-15  9:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin, Dave Trissel

Only in the last month has NAI come out with versions which work with .gz
and similar files.
> I just downloaded several CYGWIN package updates and during the
> unpacking the following virus was discovered by Virus Sheld:
>
>   C:\CYGWIN\BIN\UNEXPAND.EXE
>
> The virus is W32/CTX.

* Virus in CYGWIN download
@ 2001-12-15  3:39 Dave Trissel