On Thu, 2002-08-08 at 20:43, Flynn wrote: > Hi everyone. > > I'm facing two major big problems with a build of OpenLDAP I made recently. > I use this build as a Windows 2000 service using cygrunsrv. > > > 1) > In order to run it as a service, I need to specify "-d 0" as a slapd > parameter. The result is that after some commands, NT/2000 eventlog is > full. If I remove the parameter, the program fails to launch as a service. > > Any way of avoiding to use that parameter ? Patch openLDAP to not fork() and detach. You'll find that if you look at what it does when -d is passed. I suggest adding something like -N that prevents the fork() and detach, without altering the debug levels. Rob