Gah. Sorry about the half-backed reply there. On Thu, 2003-01-09 at 04:24, Dave Hooper wrote: > (I believe Windows will by default wait until > setup.exe has exitted before closing the dialup connection) unless > setup.exe gives Windows a hint. I'm almost utterly convinced that a > sequence in setup.exe a bit like the following will do the trick > admirably. You need to check this - it's wrong. If Windows dials for setup, then it will hangup for setup, even if setup is still active, based upon the 'idle time' counter supplied by the user. I will *consider* autodial tweaking patches, but they need to meet the following criteria: * Work for all 3 internet access modes * be cleanly abstracted into a class(es) of their own - say 'InternetLinkDetection or some such. You can assume IE4 is present on the system, thats already a requirement for setup to operate. Rob -- GPG key available at: .