* Setup snapshot location?
@ 2003-11-04  4:15 Vince Rice
From: Vince Rice @ 2003-11-04  4:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I'm sure I've missed something blindingly obvious, but I have looked
and searched:
1.  The Cygwin home page
2.  The Cygwin snapshot page
3.  The FAQ
4.  Google (using "setup.exe cygwin snapshot" and a couple of other
combinations)

I can find nothing that indicates where setup snapshots are located.
In fact, I can't even find setup's home page, although I know there
is one because I've been there before.  Which is how I know I'm
missing something blindingly obvious; my apologies in advance.

Thanks,

Vince

* Re: Setup snapshot location?
@ 2003-11-04  4:20 ` Robert Collins
From: Robert Collins @ 2003-11-04  4:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vince Rice; +Cc: cygwin

www.cygwin.com/setup-snapshots
sources.redhat.com/cygwin-apps/setup.html  (linked from the packagers
page on cygwin.com)

Rob

* Re: Setup snapshot location?
@ 2003-11-04  4:22 ` Brian Dessent
From: Brian Dessent @ 2003-11-04  4:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Vince Rice wrote:

> I'm sure I've missed something blindingly obvious, but I have looked
> and searched:
> 1.  The Cygwin home page
> 2.  The Cygwin snapshot page
> 3.  The FAQ
> 4.  Google (using "setup.exe cygwin snapshot" and a couple of other
> combinations)
>
> I can find nothing that indicates where setup snapshots are located.
> In fact, I can't even find setup's home page, although I know there
> is one because I've been there before.  Which is how I know I'm
> missing something blindingly obvious; my apologies in advance.

http://www.cygwin.com/setup-snapshots/

I agree that this fact has not exactly been well publicised, I don't
know if there's a reason for that or not.

Brian

* Re: Setup snapshot location?
@ 2003-11-04  4:27   ` Robert Collins
From: Robert Collins @ 2003-11-04  4:27 UTC (permalink / raw)