* Suggestion: Make the setup dialog resizable
@ 2004-02-21 16:54 Chuck Irvine
From: Chuck Irvine @ 2004-02-21 16:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cygwin

I always find myself scrolling back and forth trying to see everything
in the setup dialog. It would be very useful if this dialog were made
resizable. Thanks

Chuck

* Re: Suggestion: Make the setup dialog resizable
@ 2004-02-21 17:48 ` Steven Hartland
From: Steven Hartland @ 2004-02-21 17:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chuck Irvine, Cygwin

I second this idea it is a pain to find things when you can see so little.

    Steve
> I always find myself scrolling back and forth trying to see everything
> in the setup dialog. It would be very useful if this dialog were made
> resizable. Thanks
>
> Chuck

or return the E.mail to postmaster@multiplay.co.uk.

* Re: Suggestion: Make the setup dialog resizable
@ 2004-02-21 18:33   ` Igor Pechtchanski
From: Igor Pechtchanski @ 2004-02-21 18:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chuck Irvine, Steven Hartland; +Cc: cygwin

On Sat, 21 Feb 2004, Steven Hartland wrote:

> [...]

Chuck, Steve,

Do you Google: <http://google.com/search?q=cygwin+setup+resizable>?  Or
use the archive search page: <http://cygwin.com/cgi-bin/htsearch?restrict=%2Fml%2Fcygwin%2F&sort=time&words=resizable>?
Before you ask a question, please search the mailing list archives to make
sure it hasn't been asked (and answered) before.
	Igor
P.S. Steve, please configure your mailer to not quote raw e-mail addresses
in replies.  Let's not make the spam harvesters' life any easier.
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

* Re: Suggestion: Make the setup dialog resizable
@ 2004-02-21 20:57   ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2004-02-21 20:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Sat, Feb 21, 2004 at 04:53:28PM -0000, Steven Hartland wrote:
>I second this idea it is a pain to find things when you can see so little.

I keep mentioning that it is resizeable.  You just have to sit closer or
further away from your screen to make it smaller or larger.

We do this to help with the cardio-pulmonary aspects of cygwin since it
can be used as both a POSIX emulation layer and as an aerobic workout.

* Re: Suggestion: Make the setup dialog resizable
@ 2004-02-22  1:30     ` linda w
From: linda w @ 2004-02-22  1:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Christopher Faylor wrote:

>On Sat, Feb 21, 2004 at 04:53:28PM -0000, Steven Hartland wrote:
>

>>I second this idea it is a pain to find things when you can see so little.
>>

>I keep mentioning that it is resizeable.  You just have to sit closer or
>further away from your screen to make it smaller or larger.

---
    Unfortunately, that method of resize doesn't display
the amount of text displayed in the window.    Of course
 it would also be nice to click on a column and have it
 auto-sort by column and also be nice to remember resized
 columns to stay at the same size next time you entered
util.  Also be nice not to be warned about choosing root
every time since it makes one have to move the cursor
rather than just clicking on through hovering over 'ok/next'.

MS gives you no ablity to install into root -- it asks where
to install and then it creates a dir where you tell it to install and
puts everything under that.  So no easy way to install into root of
filesystem.  Bleh.

-linda

--
    In the marketplace of "Real goods", capitalism is limited by safety
    regulations, consumer protection laws, and product liability.  In

* Re: Suggestion: Make the setup dialog resizable
@ 2004-02-22  3:34 ` Wayne Davison
From: Wayne Davison @ 2004-02-22  3:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Sat, Feb 21, 2004 at 10:46:06AM -0600, Chuck Irvine wrote:
> I always find myself scrolling back and forth trying to see everything
> in the setup dialog. It would be very useful if this dialog were made
> resizable.

I've been using the version that is available from the KDE-Cygwin folks.
It works the same way as the normal setup.exe, but it has a resizable
window:

    http://kde-cygwin.sf.net/install/setup.exe

It would be nice to get those changes put into the regular setup.exe.

..wayne..

* Re: Suggestion: Make the setup dialog resizable
@ 2004-02-22  9:11   ` Robert Collins
From: Robert Collins @ 2004-02-22  9:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wayne Davison; +Cc: cygwin

On Sun, 2004-02-22 at 14:06, Wayne Davison wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 21, 2004 at 10:46:06AM -0600, Chuck Irvine wrote:
> > I always find myself scrolling back and forth trying to see everything
> > in the setup dialog. It would be very useful if this dialog were made
> > resizable.
>
> I've been using the version that is available from the KDE-Cygwin folks.
> It works the same way as the normal setup.exe, but it has a resizable
> window:
>
>     http://kde-cygwin.sf.net/install/setup.exe
>
> It would be nice to get those changes put into the regular setup.exe.

http://www.cygwin.com/setup-snapshots/

Where do you think the kde guys got their version?

Rob

* Re: Suggestion: Make the setup dialog resizable
@ 2004-02-25  3:34     ` Andrew DeFaria
From: Andrew DeFaria @ 2004-02-25  3:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

http://defaria.com/Jokes/AnswerToAllYourQuestions.php
--
Some people are like Slinkies . . not really good for anything, but you
still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.