Quoting Christopher Faylor: > You said you saw the same behavior when running the snapshot. I am > asking you to send the cygcheck and stackdump output from running the > snapshot. Oh! Sure thing. The new output of cygcheck is attached. I have no stackdump to give you, though, because, as I said in my first mail, I only very rarely get stackdumps in these hangs. Also as mentioned: the first stackdump I sent was not produced by the "problem_example.tcsh" script, either. Is there any way that I can force a stackdump after a hang? Also, after I rebooted the computer and tried again, fresh with the new snapshot, it took the computer several runs of the test script (four or five) before I got the hang phenomenon. Up until this point, I didn't see the script succeed successfully twice in a row. Hope this helps, Michael Brand.