Greetings, Brian Inglis! > On 2021-12-29 08:30, Andrey Repin wrote: >> Greetings, All! >> >> I've got a problem with recent Cygwin and some old scripts of mine. >> Particularly, the script at one point trying to normalize EOL's in a file so >> that following operations run smooth. >> >> But the step fails with message about permission changes. >> The problem is, >> 1. the file is located on a network share and >> 2. it is a noacl share. >> >> The scripts were running fine several months ago and nothing has сhanged on >> host and remore except Cygwin itself. >> >> $ getfacl Localization.lua >> getfacl: Localization.lua: Not supported >> >> $ icacls Localization.lua >> Localization.lua No mapping between account names and security IDs was done. >> (I)(F) >> No mapping between account names and security IDs was done. >> (I)(RX) >> All:(I)(RX) >> >> Successfully processed 1 files; Failed processing 0 files >> >> Cygwin Package Information >> Package Version Status >> cygwin 3.3.3-1 OK >> dos2unix 7.4.2-1 OK >> >> Anything else I can do to provide more information? > Hi Andrey, > Happy New (Grigorian) Year! Happy New Year to you too ;) > Maybe show us a standalone script command line execution, script > execution trace (like -xv), failing command line expansion, failure > messages, Cygwin permissions of relevant components, and Cygwin > installation status of all the components (or cygcheck -hrsv log). Just a simple `d2u filename` is enough to trigger the problem. $ ls -ld . ./Localization.lua drwxr-xr-x 1 anrdaemon None 0 янв 2 12:07 . -rw-r--r-- 1 anrdaemon None 32212 янв 1 14:32 ./Localization.lua $ /usr/bin/d2u ./Localization.lua dos2unix: Failed to change the permissions of temporary output file ./d2utmpEBELkH: Permission denied dos2unix: problems converting file ./Localization.lua $ getfacl . ./Localization.lua getfacl: .: Not supported getfacl: ./Localization.lua: Not supported cygcheck output attached. > I don't know what Localization.lua is and showing Windows perms of it > has to do with anything you described, but it looks like it may no > longer have Cygwin perms, so maybe fill in some blanks here also. As is is a noacl mount point, it never had any Cygwin perms. -- With best regards, Andrey Repin Sunday, January 2, 2022 12:06:00 Sorry for my terrible english...