* AW: AW: libxml2.dll, libxslt.dll, problems with executables linke d to dll's
@ 2001-11-11  8:26   ` Ralf Habacker
From: Ralf Habacker @ 2001-11-11  8:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gerrit P. Haase

Hallo Gerrit,

In der cygwin-Malingliste erzähltest Du etwas über libxml2. Hast Du vor den Port
zu publizieren bzw. als Maintainer zu übernehmen ? Ich frage, weil ich für KDE2
ich diese lib benötige.

Vor ein paar Wochen sprachen wir über eine Resolverbibliothek  für cygwin. In
der Zwischenzeit habe ich noch eine andere  bei gnu.org gefunden.
http://www.gnu.org/software/adns/adns.html.

Vielleicht interessiert Dich das :-)

Gruß

Ralf Habacker

* Re: AW: libxml2.dll, libxslt.dll, problems with executables linke d to dll's
@ 2001-11-11  8:26 ` Gerrit P. Haase
From: Gerrit P. Haase @ 2001-11-11  8:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Ring; +Cc: cygwin

Hallo Peter,

2001-11-15 11:59:48, du schriebst:

> libxml2/libxslt builds out of the box for me.
> I build from cvs sources.
> I have not tried building with shared libraries.

Yes, but I need them shared:(
I get stackdumps e.g. for $ xsltproc -V and that is bad.

> You need recent autoconf/automake/libtool though.

> Canonical site
>   http://www.gnu.org/software/libtool/

> There's a number of libtool ports available:

> Are there any advantages to any of these?

Mine is build from unpatched 1.4.2 source, builds OOTB passes
all tests, this version uses dlltool et al to build dll's in the
old style, but it still works (sometimes).

> Are there any advantages to building libtool from the 1.4.2 source?

It should be no difference if you pick mine or build it yourself.
The patched version may be a little bit easier to handle because
some incompatibilities between the autotools which were adressed there.

Gerrit
--
convey Information Systems GmbH                   http://www.convey.de/
                                                  Vitalisstraße 326-328

* Re: AW: libxml2.dll, libxslt.dll, problems with executables linke d to dll's
@ 2001-11-11  8:26 ` Charles Wilson
From: Charles Wilson @ 2001-11-11  8:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Ring; +Cc: 'cygwin@cygwin.com'

Peter Ring wrote:

> Are there any advantages to any of these?

Robert Collins' version is hacked to use the auto-import capabilities of
newer binutils.  No __declspec(dll[im? ex?]port) worries.

But it's a fork from the official version.  Eventually this will get folded
back into the "real" libtool.

> Are there any advantages to building libtool from the 1.4.2 source?

Dunno.

> Will libtool become part of the standard distribution?

Probably.

> Are we waiting for autoconf/automake/libtool to become a bit more
> stable?

We're waiting for:

1) the new setup (check!)
2) the end of the no-new-packages moratorium (check!)
3) the autoconf 2.13/2.52 automake 1.4p5/1.5 harmonization
    3a) -src packaging standard...see cgywin-apps@ over the last week
4) Gary Vaughan (GNU libtool maintainer) to fold Robert's changes into the
"real" libtool

#4 is going to take some time, because Gary's got a new book coming out so
time is at a premium.  Therefore, there's little hurry for #3, but we're
a-workin' on it.

--Chuck

* RE: AW: libxml2.dll, libxslt.dll, problems with executables linke d to dll's
@ 2001-11-11  8:26 Peter Ring
From: Peter Ring @ 2001-11-11  8:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'cygwin@cygwin.com'

libxml2/libxslt builds out of the box for me.
I build from cvs sources.
I have not tried building with shared libraries.

You need recent autoconf/automake/libtool though.

Canonical site
  http://www.gnu.org/software/libtool/

There's a number of libtool ports available:

Gerrit P. Haase
  http://timtowtdi.topcities.com/cygwin/libtool/
Ryan T. Sammartino

ftp://ftp.uni-erlangen.de/pub/pc/gnuwin32/cygwin/porters/Sammartino_T_Ryan/
Robert Collins

http://www.neuro.gatech.edu/users/cwilson/cygutils/robert-collins/contrib/li
btool/

Are there any advantages to any of these?
Are there any advantages to building libtool from the 1.4.2 source?
Will libtool become part of the standard distribution?
Are we waiting for autoconf/automake/libtool to become a bit more
stable?

Kind regards
Peter Ring

From: Christopher Faylor @ 2001-11-11 10:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

English, please.

cgf

On Mon, Nov 19, 2001 at 03:38:28PM +0100, Ralf Habacker wrote:
>Hallo Gerrit,
>
>In der cygwin-Malingliste erz?hltest Du etwas ?ber libxml2. Hast Du vor den Port
>zu publizieren bzw. als Maintainer zu ?bernehmen ? Ich frage, weil ich f?r KDE2
>ich diese lib ben?tige.
>
>Vor ein paar Wochen sprachen wir ?ber eine Resolverbibliothek  f?r cygwin. In
>der Zwischenzeit habe ich noch eine andere  bei gnu.org gefunden.
>http://www.gnu.org/software/adns/adns.html.
>
>Vielleicht interessiert Dich das :-)
>
>Gru?
>
>Ralf Habacker
>

>--

cgf@redhat.com                        Red Hat, Inc.
http://sources.redhat.com/            http://www.redhat.com/

* AW: libxml2.dll, libxslt.dll, problems with executables linke d to dll's
@ 2001-11-12  2:39       ` Ralf Habacker
From: Ralf Habacker @ 2001-11-12  2:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

In this world there are curious things. I send a mail to Gerrit privatly in
german and ...ups found it in the cygwin mailing list. ???

BTW: You have had the chance to get a free lesson in speaking german except the
umlauts :-)

"Umlauts" - what a word .... in german it is known as "Umlaute"

Regards
Ralf