* why does domain member workstation, when logging into PDC, send
@ 2011-06-28 18:33 Linda Walsh
From: Linda Walsh @ 2011-06-28 18:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

domain qualified username?   If I have a worstation that is a member of
a domain, and if I am logged in with a domain account, then I believe
the default is that I am simply 'user', vs. if I was logged in with a local
account, I'd be "localmachine\user"....

Before I was a member of a domain, if I logged in from the machine (and still),
it tries to log me in with account 'user' (no prefix)....but now that I am in
the domain, and loggin on domain account, it tries to log me in as 'Domain\user',
which seems to cause problems.

It causes confusion on the server end, because, on the PDC, users are the domain
users (default) with no prefix.

I've quadruple-checked my pam-stack, but there's no option in the winbindd module to
strip off and convert a "Domain\user' -> 'user' if current machine is in 'domain'
(and pdc), so I'm not sure where the problem is...or who should be sending what...
Ideas?

* Re: why does domain member workstation, when logging into PDC, send
@ 2011-06-29  1:20 ` Andrey Repin
From: Andrey Repin @ 2011-06-29  1:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linda Walsh, cygwin

Greetings, Linda Walsh!

> domain qualified username?   If I have a worstation that is a member of
> a domain, and if I am logged in with a domain account, then I believe
> the default is that I am simply 'user', vs. if I was logged in with a local
> account, I'd be "localmachine\user"....

Name without a domain prefix considered a local machine accounting name in
most cases, unless specifically mentioned as opposite.

--
WBR,

Sorry for my terrible english...