* Re: how to get a new window for bash?
@ 1999-06-24 11:04 Earnie Boyd
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Earnie Boyd @ 1999-06-24 11:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mike.fabian, cygwin

--- Mike Fabian <mike.fabian@it-mannesmann.de> wrote:

> when I start the cygwin-bash with the cygnus.bat batch file,
> I get a cmd.exe-lookalike window where bash is running in.

The cygnus.bat file should start the bash executable for you.

> After typing `bash  -i', I of course  get a new sub shell  in the same
> window.
>
> Is  it possible  to make  the sub  shell run  in its  own cmd.exe-like
> window? How to do that?

Yes.  Create a shortcut and modify the properties of the shortcut.

> (I know that I can get a new window using rxvt, but that works only on
> a machine with an X-server.).

You wanna bet. ;^)  Check the archives for the location of an rxvt that uses
the native Windows to operate.
===
Earnie Boyd < mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com >

Newbies, please visit
< http://www.freeyellow.com/members5/gw32/index.html >

(If you respond to the list, then please don't cc me)

* how to get a new window for bash?
@ 1999-06-30 22:10 Mike Fabian
From: Mike Fabian @ 1999-06-30 22:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

when I start the cygwin-bash with the cygnus.bat batch file,
I get a cmd.exe-lookalike window where bash is running in.

After typing `bash  -i', I of course  get a new sub shell  in the same
window.

Is  it possible  to make  the sub  shell run  in its  own cmd.exe-like
window? How to do that?

(I know that I can get a new window using rxvt, but that works only on
a machine with an X-server.).

Mike

--
Mike Fabian   (mike.fabian@it-mannesmann.de)
Mannesmann Datenverarbeitung

* Re: how to get a new window for bash?
@ 1999-06-24 13:42 Earnie Boyd
From: Earnie Boyd @ 1999-06-24 13:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin users

> thank you very much for your response.

You're welcome.
-8<-
> Earnie> Yes.  Create a shortcut and modify the properties of the
> Earnie> shortcut.
>
> Then I can start it by clicking on the shortcut, but not from within a
> bash, i.e. I can't start it automatically from a shell-script.

The following will do what you want:

cmd /c start bash

===
Earnie Boyd < mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com >

Newbies, please visit
< http://www.freeyellow.com/members5/gw32/index.html >

(If you respond to the list, then please don't cc me)

[parent not found: <199906241636.MAA18806@smv14.iname.net>]
* how to get a new window for bash?
@ 1999-06-24  9:35 Mike Fabian