* Re: b20: BUG sh configure makes a mess (win98)
@ 1998-11-05 17:35 N8TM
From: N8TM @ 1998-11-05 17:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: creative1, gnu-win32

In a message dated 11/5/98 9:04:03 AM Pacific Standard Time,
creative1@bigfoot.com writes:

> configure
>  doesn't work properly on b20.
This is definitely true for W95.  For NT, where B19 wanted bash.exe installed
as /bin/sh.exe, B20 wants ash (sh.exe), as others have noted.  I've wasted a
few hours on this too.
-

* RE: b20: BUG sh configure makes a mess (win98)
@ 1998-11-07  3:05 ` Peter A. Vogel
From: Peter A. Vogel @ 1998-11-07  3:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: creative1, gnu-win32

Yep, I see the same problem, replacing sh.exe with b19 sh.exe (but
using cygwin1.dll as cygwinb19.dll) does not fix the problem, but
using the real cygwinb19.dll does work.  I can only conclude the bug
is in the dll.

Interestingly, if you use bash.exe as sh.exe, the error happens a little
bit earlier.

-Peter

@ 1998-11-06  3:00 Stipe Tolj
From: Stipe Tolj @ 1998-11-06  3:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: creative1, GNU-Win32

> > I am trying to compile several programs and i arrived to the conclusion
> > that configure
> > doesn't work properly on b20.
> >
> > I ALWAYS get a mess, and the resulting config.h is full of #undef when
> > it shouldn't.
> > I have check several things and most of the 'if test' doesn't work as
> > they should.
> > the grep program should return 1 or 0 and sometimes it doesn't return
> > anything on the configure,
> > which make it think there is not such thing.
> >
> > After several assignation on the configure, it seems that it does not
> > assign any more, things like...
> > whatever = `echo blalbla`
> > in a bucle, works for 20 times, and then after several times in the
> > loop, it stop working and
> > whatever gets = nothing.
>
> as I have reported, this seems to be a bug within the "sh.exe", since the
> forking of the configure script is calling a own sh for every
>
>     whatever = `echo blabla`
>
> after some (20 or 30) calls within the loop it gets boggus.
>
> Regards,
> Stipe
>
> --
> Stipe Tolj <tolj@uni-duesseldorf.de>
> Cygwin Porting Project
> Department of Economical Computer Science
> University of Cologne, Germany
> http://www-public.rz.uni-duesseldorf.de/~tolj

-

* b20: BUG sh configure makes a mess (win98)
@ 1998-11-04  9:49 creative1