* best place to report Tcl/Tk cygwin port problems?
@ 2012-07-28  7:24 l.wood
From: l.wood @ 2012-07-28  7:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

What's the best place to report problems with the new unixish non-Insight Tcl/Tk Cygwin port? (8.5.11, uptodate Cygwin on Win7 64bit)

I'm able to hang it by asking about non-existent files/directories on the filesystem:

$ tclsh
% set a [file exists /cygdrive ]
1
% set a [file exists /cygdrive2 ]
(hangs, must ctrl-c, should report 0)

$ tclsh
% set a [file exists /gffg ]
(hangs, must ctrl-c, should report 0)

$ tclsh
% set a [file exists /bin ]
1
% set a [file exists /usr ]
1
% set a [file exists /banana ]
0
% set a [file exists /gffg ]
(hangs, must ctrl-c, should report 0)

and I'm also seeing some Tk oddities with e.g. tiling of PhotoImages in my app that aren't present on other platforms.

thanks,

Lloyd Wood
http://savi.sf.net/

* RE: best place to report Tcl/Tk cygwin port problems?
@ 2012-07-30  8:47 ` Adam Dinwoodie
From: Adam Dinwoodie @ 2012-07-30  8:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

l.wood@surrey.ac.uk wrote:
>What's the best place to report problems with the new unixish non-Insight
>Tcl/Tk Cygwin port? (8.5.11, uptodate Cygwin on Win7 64bit)

Did you install it using Cygwin's setup.exe from one of the default mirrors? If
so, here, following the problem reporting instructions at
<http://cygwin.com/problems.html>. If not, report it to whoever you got the
package from.

* Re: best place to report Tcl/Tk cygwin port problems?
@ 2012-07-30  9:02 ` Yaakov (Cygwin/X)
From: Yaakov (Cygwin/X) @ 2012-07-30  9:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Sat, 2012-07-28 at 08:24 +0100, l.wood@surrey.ac.uk wrote:
> What's the best place to report problems with the new unixish
> non-Insight Tcl/Tk Cygwin port? (8.5.11, uptodate Cygwin on Win7 64bit)
>
> I'm able to hang it by asking about non-existent files/directories
> on the filesystem:

WFM.

Yaakov
Cygwin/X