* Re: Emacs-w32... crashing problem
@ 2014-05-13 21:49 Zdzislaw Meglicki
From: Zdzislaw Meglicki @ 2014-05-13 21:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Ken Brown writeth:

> Please describe the crash in more detail.
> What were you doing when it happened?  Did
> the window just disappear, or did you get
> a dialogue box asking if you want to attach
> a debugger?  Did you get any messages in the
> terminal that emacs was started from?  Is
> there a stackdump file?

The window just disappeared. There was no dialogue
box that would let me attach gdb to the process.
I did not run it under "-Q" at the time, and I do
not have a stackdump file (I deleted it).

I will keep an eye on this and if it crashes
again, hopefully letting me attach gdb, I'll
post a backtrace and the stackdump file, if you'd
like to have a look at it.

Since emacs-w32 is so much better now, it may very
well take days before the next such event!

(greetings to-all)

Gustav Meglicki,
Indiana University

* Emacs-w32... crashing problem
@ 2014-05-13 12:29 Zdzislaw Meglicki
From: Zdzislaw Meglicki @ 2014-05-13 12:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Well, the crashing problem in emacs-w32 is greatly improved,
yet, the program still crashed on me yesterday, after a good
few days of seamless performance. The emacs-version function
returns:

(emacs-version)
"GNU Emacs 24.3.90.1 (x86_64-unknown-cygwin)
 of 2014-05-03 on Fiona"

Other sys params:

Windows 8.1 Pro
AMD A8-5500 APU with Radeon HD Graphics 3.2GHz
8GB RAM
64-bit OS
Cygwin DLL version info:
DLL version: 1.7.29