* [B20.1] troubles with ncurses examples
@ 1999-02-03  0:22 Chris
       [not found] ` < 36B807F3.DD5E499E@inria.fr >
From: Chris @ 1999-02-03  0:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32, Ncurses

Hi,
I've loaded ncurses-4.2 and compiled and installed it on windows NT
under cygwin (b20.1).
I'm trying to run the examples but it fails. I got a "Error opening
terminal : cygwin".
Am I doing something wrong ?
Hope this is not a stupid question...
Regards,
Chris
--
Christine Pourcelot
Stagiaire projet CODES

@ 1999-02-03  0:35   ` Kayvan Aghaiepour Sylvan
From: Kayvan Aghaiepour Sylvan @ 1999-02-03  0:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris; +Cc: gnu-win32, Ncurses

No, you're probably not doing anything wrong.

Your TERM is set to cygwin. Set it to something like "ansi-m" and you
should be fine.

			---Kayvan

--
Kayvan Aghaiepour Sylvan |Sylvan Associates         | Proud Dad of:
kayvan@Sylvan.COM        | http://www.isp.net/~kayvan | Katherine Yelena (8/8/89)

* Re: [B20.1] troubles with ncurses examples
       [not found] ` < 36B807F3.DD5E499E@inria.fr >
@ 1999-02-03  7:30   ` Mumit Khan
From: Mumit Khan @ 1999-02-03  7:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris; +Cc: gnu-win32

On Wed, 3 Feb 1999, Chris wrote:

> I've loaded ncurses-4.2 and compiled and installed it on windows NT
> under cygwin (b20.1).
> I'm trying to run the examples but it fails. I got a "Error opening
> terminal : cygwin".
> Am I doing something wrong ?
> Hope this is not a stupid question...

That means that either you have not installed the terminfo files or
your TERM setting is not appropriate.

For cygwin, I strongly suggest create a few fallbacks; I always include
cygwin, vt100 and xterm, so the end users don't have to have all those
terminfo files if they don't want to.

Regards,
Mumit

* Re: [B20.1] troubles with ncurses examples
@ 1999-02-28 23:02     ` Mumit Khan
From: Mumit Khan @ 1999-02-28 23:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris; +Cc: gnu-win32

@ 1999-02-28 23:02 ` Chris
From: Chris @ 1999-02-28 23:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32, Ncurses

@ 1999-02-28 23:02     ` Kayvan Aghaiepour Sylvan
From: Kayvan Aghaiepour Sylvan @ 1999-02-28 23:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris; +Cc: gnu-win32, Ncurses

@ 1999-02-28 23:02       ` Chris
From: Chris @ 1999-02-28 23:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc), cygwin

Hi,
I succeed in running the tests from ncurses :-))
My problem was I didn't have the tabset directory in usr/local/share, so
the make install failed when buildinf the terminfo database.
Thanks a lot to those who helped me
Regards,
Christine

* Re: [B20.1] troubles with ncurses examples
       [not found]   ` <3.0.3.32.19990203103813.0094cb70@pop.ma.ultranet.com>
@ 1999-02-04  1:27     ` Chris