* Zip file extraction permissions help
@ 2012-05-08 13:11 Assaf Leibovitch
From: Assaf Leibovitch @ 2012-05-08 13:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hello all,

I have a zip file, when extracted from Windows, I see files with
execute permissions:

For example:
-rwx------+ 1 Administrators None   2782 Apr  8 10:03 pyrunner.py

When using Cygwin unzip, I get the following:
-rw-rw-rw- 1 Administrator None   2782 Apr  8 10:03 pyrunner.py

The owner is different (Administrators vs Administrator)

What should I configure to handle this so the files will get the same
permissions as I get when extracting from windows

Thanks

* Re: Zip file extraction permissions help
@ 2012-05-08 13:24 ` marco atzeri
From: marco atzeri @ 2012-05-08 13:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 5/8/2012 3:11 PM, Assaf Leibovitch wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have a zip file, when extracted from Windows, I see files with
> execute permissions:
>
> For example:
> -rwx------+ 1 Administrators None   2782 Apr  8 10:03 pyrunner.py
>
> When using Cygwin unzip, I get the following:
> -rw-rw-rw- 1 Administrator None   2782 Apr  8 10:03 pyrunner.py
>
> The owner is different (Administrators vs Administrator)
>

> What should I configure to handle this so the files will get the same
> permissions as I get when extracting from windows
>

> Thanks

the zip compression format has no data about the the file permissions,
so the result is just the default of windows and cygwin for file
  creation

Regards
Marco

* Re: Zip file extraction permissions help
@ 2012-05-08 13:31   ` Assaf Leibovitch
From: Assaf Leibovitch @ 2012-05-08 13:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi Marco,

How do I change the default behavior to match the Windows file creation policy?

Why the files are owned by 'Administrators' when opened on Windows and
by 'Administrator' when opened within Cygwin?

Thanks

@ 2012-05-08 13:44     ` Assaf
From: Assaf @ 2012-05-08 13:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I understand where comes the Administrators user in the /etc/passwd
after reading http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/ntsec.html

But still, I would like to get the same permissions when extracting a
file outside and inside cygwin by the same user, Administrator

@ 2012-05-10 11:05       ` Andrey Repin
From: Andrey Repin @ 2012-05-10 11:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Assaf, cygwin

Greetings, Assaf!

> I understand where comes the Administrators user in the /etc/passwd
> after reading http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/ntsec.html

> But still, I would like to get the same permissions when extracting a
> file outside and inside cygwin by the same user, Administrator

Mount directory with noacl option. See in /etc/fstab for examples.
Also, please don't top-post.

--
WBR,

Sorry for my terrible english...