Greetings, Achim Gratz! > The man-db package is updated to the latest upstream version 2.10.0. > Man-db is an implementation of the standard Unix documentation system > accessed using the man command. It uses a Berkeley DB database in place > of the traditional flat-text whatis databases. This release includes a > performance enhancement that significantly speeds up the creation of the > database. … > In order to create the database directly via setup, please install the > man-db-create-index package. I've checked the database creation out of pure curiosity and it seems there's more than one issue with the process. 1. Running script from the setup postinstall process causes errors like /usr/bin/mandb: can't update index cache /var/cache/man/1384: No such file or directory (the full log attached) 2. Manually forcing database creation with `mandb --create` causes multiple compilation errors to pop up (log attached) Errors like mandb: can't open /usr/share/man/vim.1: No such file or directory mandb: warning: /usr/share/man/man1/ex.1.gz: bad symlink or ROFF `.so' request Can somebody help me and explain, what's going on? -- With best regards, Andrey Repin Monday, February 7, 2022 21:50:59 Sorry for my terrible english...