* cygwin and gimp
@ 2001-05-04  1:46 Wojtek Kubisz
From: Wojtek Kubisz @ 2001-05-04  1:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi,

I've installed Gimp for windows, but it dosn't work with cygwin (although I
went to gimp for win32 site from cygwin software site).

When I try to run gimp from cygwin I get windows error - can't find
GMODULE-1.3.DLL.

I need gimp for batch processing (form perl).

Please help me.

Thank you.

Wojtek

* cygwin and gimp
@ 2001-05-07  0:20 ` Tor Lillqvist
From: Tor Lillqvist @ 2001-05-07  0:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin, Wojtek Kubisz

Wojtek Kubisz writes:
 > I've installed Gimp for windows, but it dosn't work with cygwin

True, GIMP for Windows is not a cygwin application, so it doesn't
understand cygwin paths any more than, say, PaintShopPro.

 > When I try to run gimp from cygwin I get windows error - can't find
 > GMODULE-1.3.DLL.

Add the directory where gmodule-1.3.dll (and other DLLs included with
GIMP) are to your PATH. Typically this is \Program Files\Common
Files\GNU. (If you start GIMP from Explorer, or using the "start"
command, this directory doesn't need to be in PATH as the gimp.exe
entry in App Paths in the Registry handles it.)

 > I need gimp for batch processing (form perl).

GIMP for Windows doesn't include the Gimp-Perl extension, if that is
what you are thinking of using. What kind of batch processing are you
thinking of? Are you sure ImageMagick wouldn't be better suited to
your needs?

--tml