* Mutt and iconv
@ 2001-12-15  1:12 Brian Salter-Duke
From: Brian Salter-Duke @ 2001-12-15  1:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

The latest version of mutt in the unstable branch is 1.3.24. This is now
beta and it is the recommended version to use. Could this be added to
cygwin? It is much better than the old 1.2.5 version.

I tried to compile it it but I do not have iconv. Even with
--without-iconv on configure it fails because I do not have iconv. Is
iconv part of gygwin and I just missed it? Or can I get it from
somewhere else?

Regards, Brian.
--
Associate Professor Brian Salter-Duke (Brian Duke) b_duke@lacebark.ntu.edu.au
Chemistry, School of BECS, SITE, NT University, Darwin, NT 0909, Australia.

* Re: Mutt and iconv
@ 2001-12-15  8:59 ` Gerrit P. Haase
From: Gerrit P. Haase @ 2001-12-15  8:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brian Salter-Duke; +Cc: cygwin

Hallo Brian,

Am 2001-12-15 um 03:45 schriebst du:

> The latest version of mutt in the unstable branch is 1.3.24. This is now
> beta and it is the recommended version to use. Could this be added to
> cygwin? It is much better than the old 1.2.5 version.

> I tried to compile it it but I do not have iconv. Even with
> --without-iconv on configure it fails because I do not have iconv. Is
> iconv part of gygwin and I just missed it? Or can I get it from
> somewhere else?

Charles Wilson has a precompiled version and sources at his site:
('unofficial' what means: NOT supported!!! and no static libs in the
archive):
http://www.neuro.gatech.edu/users/cwilson/cygutils/robert-collins/other/

Gerrit
--