Am 21.01.2020 um 01:58 schrieb Lavrentiev, Anton (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [C] via cygwin: > Hi List, > > I have a question, is there a way to clone-install Cygwin? > > Like I have installed whatever packages I selected on some PC, then maintained that installation for a while, > doing upgrades etc. Now I need to install the exact same set on another PC. Can I pull up a list and use it > in a sort of a batch install with setup.exe? I want to avoid to dumb-copy the entire C:\cygwin tree from one PC to another, > rather use a semi-automatic install procedure from scratch, if possible, using the list of packages that I need. > > Thanks for all the insights you can provide. > > Cheers, > Anton > attached my solution to re-install or duplicate the packages of an existing installation. $ ./cyg-reinstall.sh Usage : cyg-reinstall.sh [ -A | -I | -f filelist ] create cyg-reinstall-{ARC}.bat from options -A : All packages as reported by cygcheck -I : incomplete packages as reported by cygcheck -f : packages in filelist (one per row) $ ./cyg-reinstall.sh -A and the batch file is ready $ ls -s cyg-reinstall-x86_64.bat 32K cyg-reinstall-x86_64.bat $ head -c 100 cyg-reinstall-x86_64.bat setup-x86_64.exe -P _autorebase,_autorebase,_update-info-dir,a2ps,adobe-source-code-pro-fonts,adob Regards Marco