* Re: unix sockets
@ 2001-11-11  8:26 ` egor duda
From: egor duda @ 2001-11-11  8:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Docimian; +Cc: cygwin

Hi!

Friday, 16 November, 2001 Docimian docimian@yahoo.com wrote:

D> im having some issues using sockets under cygwin and
D> im wondering if its a known issues (i looked through
D> the faq but didnt see anything)...im not trying
D> anything super complex just pass a message on local
D> host from client to server and then back to the
D> client...it works under solaris (with a only minor
D> changes) and i was hoping to be able to use cygwin so
D> i dont have to log into the sunblade to do work and to
D> have the addedd benefit of it running under windows.

please provide a testcase that demonstrates the issues you have and
detailed information about those issues. without that it's close to
impossible to help you. please, take a look at bug reporting
guidelines on http://cygwin.com

* unix sockets
@ 2001-11-11  8:26 Docimian
From: Docimian @ 2001-11-11  8:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

im having some issues using sockets under cygwin and
im wondering if its a known issues (i looked through
the faq but didnt see anything)...im not trying
anything super complex just pass a message on local
host from client to server and then back to the
client...it works under solaris (with a only minor
changes) and i was hoping to be able to use cygwin so
i dont have to log into the sunblade to do work and to
have the addedd benefit of it running under windows.
If this is misdirected, i apologize. Thanks for any
help you can give!

Dan Roden

* Re: unix sockets
@ 2001-11-11  8:26 ` Mark Paulus
From: Mark Paulus @ 2001-11-11  8:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin, Docimian

Have you grabbed and installed the cygipc
package.  You can get it by going to the cygwin
home page, selecting other software/packages, and then look
for cygipc.  Install it, and fire up the ipc-daemon
service, and then try your examples again....
Of course, this is assuming you mean you are using Berkeley
style sockets.  I'm not sure if TLI type sockets
are supported.....

On Fri, 16 Nov 2001 05:21:49 -0800 (PST), Docimian wrote:

>im having some issues using sockets under cygwin and
>im wondering if its a known issues (i looked through
>the faq but didnt see anything)...im not trying
>anything super complex just pass a message on local
>host from client to server and then back to the
>client...it works under solaris (with a only minor
>changes) and i was hoping to be able to use cygwin so
>i dont have to log into the sunblade to do work and to
>have the addedd benefit of it running under windows.
>If this is misdirected, i apologize. Thanks for any
>help you can give!
>
>Dan Roden

* Re: unix sockets
@ 2001-11-11  8:26   ` egor duda
From: egor duda @ 2001-11-11  8:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark Paulus; +Cc: cygwin

Hi!

Friday, 16 November, 2001 Mark Paulus commpg@yahoo.com wrote:

MP> Have you grabbed and installed the cygipc
MP> package.  You can get it by going to the cygwin
MP> home page, selecting other software/packages, and then look
MP> for cygipc.  Install it, and fire up the ipc-daemon
MP> service, and then try your examples again....
MP> Of course, this is assuming you mean you are using Berkeley
MP> style sockets.  I'm not sure if TLI type sockets
MP> are supported.....

unix sockets has nothing to do with cygipc package. they're supported
by cygwin itself.