From: Bernard Dautrevaux <Dautrevaux@microprocess.com>
To: 'John Melody' <john@sybernet.ie>,
	"Fleischer, Karsten (K.)" <kfleisc1@ford.com>
Cc: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: RE: Using cygwin "make"
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 06:16:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Don't forget that make is using "sh" to execute the command, so the '\' is
eaten by the shell. You sould use "CLASSES=D:\\classes",
"CLASSES=D:/classes" or even better (as the colon may fool up make if
$(CLASSES) is used somewhere in a dependency list)
"CLASSES=/cygdrive/D/classes".

HTH

	Bernard

Bernard Dautrevaux