On Wednesday, January 3, 2024 at 04:10:56 AM EST, Cedric Blancher via Cygwin wrote: > general": What really sucks is the filesystem inode operations and > file name lookup, e.g. /bin/find&friends are absurdly slow because of > the link emulation and the inflation of syscalls caused by it - just ...>If there are bugs in the POSIX emulation layer, then those bugs should> be 1) documented and 2) fixed. I think we look forward to your patches and rework to minimize all those link traversals. Maybe a CYGWIN env value that turns off all that legacy stuff? I'd welcome that - and replacing the default 'link' to be 'mklink' links instead of Junctions which some Windows programs do NOT like and fail. For everything else there is WSL. Seriously. Cygwin has an incredible amount of coverage, but it could be pared down to 20 packages and I'd be perfectly happy.