From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon@yandex.ru>
To: All <cygwin@cygwin.com>
Subject: No errors when removing socket belonging to other user
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2022 16:43:41 +0300	[thread overview]

Greetings, All!

I've had quite a situation today.
My machine joined company domain, and my user's credentials have changed.
However, new user retained local administrator access.
I've copied configuration and startup scripts from my old profile and suddenly
discovered that the script intended to start ssh-pageant hangs.
Much to my surprise, the hang occurred, when the script tried to remove old
socket in /var/run/.
icacls revealed that, indeed, the socket had only special access for "all" and
"system" users, and no access for local admin.
But shouldn't it report at least "access denied" in such case, and not simply
hang?

Trying to replicate the issue manually with a simple file failed so far.
Would use some help.

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin