* setting HOME
@ 1997-08-20 13:45 kendall shaw
From: kendall shaw @ 1997-08-20 13:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

I've got a couple of problems.

1. Emacs wants HOME to have DOS filename conventions. If I set HOME to
c:/, then when I run bash with PS1='\w ' I get no prompt at root, and
"./usr" in /usr. Do you know a solution to this?

2. I have multiple accounts on my nt box. I which I could do something
like HOME=c:/users/%username%, but bash doesn't know what %username% is,
and cmd bash just runs cmd.

Any suggestions?

-

* Re: setting HOME
@ 1997-08-22 10:57 Michael A. Chase
From: Michael A. Chase @ 1997-08-22 10:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kshaw, gnu-win32

I've set $HOME in the environment of each of my NT accounts to
/home/username and it seems to work for BASH.  I don't use emacs.

Mac :})

-