* gnu compiler
@ 1997-08-27  7:06 Mark Ryan
From: Mark Ryan @ 1997-08-27  7:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

Cygnus:
>>Thank you in advance for your help.
>>
>>I am running a DX4100 16MB RAM 850MB hard drive, Windows 95.
>>
>>I have installed the GNU compiler, following the directions in the FAQ,
>>i.e., unzipping all.tgz file, setting gcc_exec_prefix environment
variable,
>>and adding \cygnus\h-i386-c\bin to the path statement.
>>
>>The faq indicates I should set the environment variable to
>>c:\cygnus\h-i386-cygwin32\bin\, however it needs to be set to
>>c:\cygnus\h-i386-c\bin as there is an 8 character limit to folder names.
>>
>>Is this a problem as long as the environment variable, path and
directories
>>all match??
>>
>>I am getting errors that "no include path is found for iostream.h..."
>>
>>The errors change depending on whether or not I use CAPS or change the
path
>>to include more of the cygnus directories.
>>
>>I have talked with Macmillan technical support on a number of occasions.
>>Can someone help with this problem??  All I want to do is learn C++, I
>>don't want to get hung up installing a compiler.
>>
>>Please help.
>>I can be reached any of the following ways:
>>email: 	mryan@aet.net (home)
>>	mryan@tsgpro.com (work)
>>Phone:	1-704-482-8673 (home 6:30p - 10:00p)
>>	1-800-249-7269 (work 8:00a - 5:00p)
>>
>>Thanks again.
>>Mark Ryan
-

* Re: gnu compiler
@ 1997-09-08 16:54   ` Tibor Polgar
From: Tibor Polgar @ 1997-09-08 16:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

Michael Hirmke writes:
 > Hi Mark,
 >
 > > Cygnus:
 > > I have a dx4100 w/16mb ram win95 op sys:
 > >
 > > I have installed gcc compiler with environment variable and path set as
 > > noted,
 > > I am getting error messages like "...cannot exec cpp no such file ...." I
 > > put the directory that contains the cpp.exe in the path statement and
 > > rerun--I get error messages like iostream.h not found (or something
 > > similar).
 >
 > IMHO you didn't set GCC_EXEC_PREFIX (correctly) - it should be
 >
 > set GCC_EXEC_PREFIX=%CYGROOT%\lib\gcc-lib\
 >                                          ^ note the trailing backslash !
or if its in your .bashrc file:

export GCC_EXEC_PREFIX=%CYGROOT%\\lib\\gcc-lib\\
                                               ^^ note the trailing backslashes !

Tibor
-

* Re: gnu compiler
@ 1997-09-07 10:35 ` Mikey
From: Mikey @ 1997-09-07 10:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark Ryan, gnu-win32

Your GCC_EXEC_PREFIX is not correctly set,
please reread the FAQ, and README, to get the correct values.

On Tue, 25 Mar 1997 10:02:34 -0500, you wrote:

>Cygnus:
>I have a dx4100 w/16mb ram win95 op sys:
>
>I have installed gcc compiler with environment variable and path set as
>noted,
>I am getting error messages like "...cannot exec cpp no such file ...." I
>put the directory that contains the cpp.exe in the path statement and
>rerun--I get error messages like iostream.h not found (or something
>similar).
>
>please help--all I want to do is learn c++, not get stuck installing a
>compiler.
>
>my level of expertise in computers is high, so you don't need to start from
>the beginning.
>
>thanks in advance for your help.
>mark ryan
>
>ph # hm: 704-482-8673
>ph # wk: 800-249-7269
>email: home: mryan@aet.net
>email: work: mryan@tsgpro.com
>

>-

(jeffdbREMOVETHIS@netzone.com)
delete REMOVETHIS from the above to reply
         Mikey
-

* Re: gnu compiler
@ 1997-09-06  8:08 ` Michael Hirmke
From: Michael Hirmke @ 1997-09-06  8:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

Hi Mark,

> Cygnus:
> I have a dx4100 w/16mb ram win95 op sys:
>
> I have installed gcc compiler with environment variable and path set as
> noted,
> I am getting error messages like "...cannot exec cpp no such file ...." I
> put the directory that contains the cpp.exe in the path statement and
> rerun--I get error messages like iostream.h not found (or something
> similar).

IMHO you didn't set GCC_EXEC_PREFIX (correctly) - it should be

set GCC_EXEC_PREFIX=%CYGROOT%\lib\gcc-lib\
                                         ^ note the trailing backslash !

Bye.
Michael.
--
Michael Hirmke           | Telefon +49 (911) 557999
Georg-Strobel-Strasse 81 | FAX     +49 (911) 557664
                         | WWW     http://minimike.franken.de/
-

* gnu compiler
@ 1997-09-04 12:06 Mark Ryan