* Installation Problems with GNU-WIN32
@ 1997-08-27 14:39 Jeff Smathers
From: Jeff Smathers @ 1997-08-27 14:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

 I am new to GNU (sorry about
that). I am planning to take Jesse Liberty's class on C++ at ZD University. I
run Win95 on a P-166 Intel box with 24Meg RAM. I am also using MS IE4.0.  I
have followed the install directions to the best of my ability including set the
path setting and the environment variables.  I have installed version 18
(or is it 1.8?).
I get this message: "GCC.EXE:
installation problem, cannot exec 'cpp'. No such file or directory. I know that
that is supposed to mean I have not set the GCC_EXEC_PREFIX variable correctly.
However, when I run SET I can see this (among all the other variables)
"GCC_EXEC_PREFIX=D:\gnuwin32\b18\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\.
So, I am stumped. I have searched
various places for help but cannot get beyond the basic directions.  Can
someone tell me where to look (or exactly what is wrong)?
TIA.....Jeff Smathers

only message in thread, other threads:[~1997-08-27 14:39 UTC | newest]