* Cannot generate relocatable object
@ 1997-08-28  9:55 Xavier.Fornari
From: Xavier.Fornari @ 1997-08-28  9:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

I generated an object file using the -r option of the linker,
but when I link this object to have the final executable I got:

"bad reloc address 0xb in section .text"

My aim is to create a library .a. This has already be done for Sun4OS,
Solaris, DecAlpha, Linux, Aix, HP, and I try to port our software on the
NT platform. The global scheme is:
ld -r -o common.o common1.o common2.o ...
ar ru libcommon.a common.o extra1.o extra2.o

And then:
gcc -o myapp app.c libcommon.a

Direct e-mail answers prefered since I only subscribed to
gnu-win32-announce-request.

Thanks.

--

 Xavier Fornari

http://www.inria.fr/meije/personnel/Xavier.Fornari
CMA/MEIJE                 Tel: 33 (0)4 93 65 79 65
INRIA                     Fax: 33 (0)4 93 65 79 98
2004 Route des Lucioles
BP 93
06902 Sophia-Antipolis Cedex

-

only message in thread, other threads:[~1997-08-28  9:55 UTC | newest]