* Re: square one
@ 1997-09-06  7:32 Henrik Geleff
From: Henrik Geleff @ 1997-09-06  7:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: erlwein, gnu-win32

Hi Ted.

 I took a pot shot at what you might hacve done and it must be something
like removing C:\WINDOWS from your PATH environment variable.

I suppose that that instead of adding to your path you have replaced it,
i.e.
the readme file says

>> Add C:\gnuwin32\b18\H-i386-cygwin32\bin;C:\gnuwin32\b18\tcl\bin' to your
$PATH <<

 I belive that you, probably as you say because you are starting from
scratch and know nothing, have typed:

PATH C:\gnuwin32\b18\H-i386-cygwin32\bin;C:\gnuwin32\b18\tcl\bin

or

SET PATH=C:\gnuwin32\b18\H-i386-cygwin32\bin;C:\gnuwin32\b18\tcl\bin

both resetting the path to the new value, to add is typed as

PATH C:\gnuwin32\b18\H-i386-cygwin32\bin;C:\gnuwin32\b18\tcl\bin;%PATH%

or

SET PATH=C:\gnuwin32\b18\H-i386-cygwin32\bin;C:\gnuwin32\b18\tcl\bin;%PATH%

In the sincerely hope that this helps you
Regards

Henrik Geleff

From: Keresztfalvi Gábor 97b @ 1997-09-05  0:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

On Tue, 2 Sep 1997, Ted & Terry Erlwein wrote:

> I recently got a book about learning C++ which had your compiler in it.
> I was then instructed to download B-18. After doing that and running
> cdk.exe, I modified my autoexec.bat file and then attempted to restart
> Win95. After a little while, I get a message that it cannot find win.com
> and can't continue loading Windows.

Ted,
 did you write something like PATH=f:\gnuwin32\etc\etc;%PATH%, or
 you miss %PATH%?
 Because if you miss it, you won't have the c:\windows (or c:\win95) and
 c:\windows\command in your path!

I hope this will help...

						Keresztg

* square one