* Pipeline problems under coolview 970907
@ 1997-09-16  6:16 Michael A. Chase
From: Michael A. Chase @ 1997-09-16  6:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sergey Okhapkin, gnu-win32

Environment: WinNT 4.0(SP3), Cygwin32 b18, coolview.tar.gz dated 970907,
all filesystems mounted in binary mode.

.bashrc runs on bash startup, but /etc/profile and .bash_profile only run
if called from.bashrc.  I use /etc/profile to convert MSDOS format
environment variables to UNIX format.

When I try to use a pipe on the command line, it appears to die when the
source command terminates.

This pipeline sometimes (not always unfortunately) writes nothing to the
screen.

   env | sort

When it doesn't, it normally will after running the following command
line.

   env > /dev/null                          # or any other file

This pipeline normally stops about halfway through the file list:

   cd /WinNT/system32
   ll *.dll | less

This pipeline normally stops after displaying no lines.  It also gets a
complaint (ls: pagefile.sys: Permission denied) to STDERR.

   cd /
   ll | less

I think these are related to the pipeline problems that surfaced in the
970810 coolview.  They were addressed by the 970907 coolview, but appear
to still be present.

Thanks,
Mac :})

-

* Re: Pipeline problems under coolview 970907
@ 1997-09-19  6:53 Michael A. Chase
From: Michael A. Chase @ 1997-09-19  6:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sergey Okhapkin, gnu-win32

Will it be in your next coolview binaries or do I need to apply it
separately?

Thanks,
Mac :})
>> When I try to use a pipe on the command line, it appears to die when
the
>> source command terminates.
>>

>I've fixed it some days ago, the patch is available.

-

* RE: Pipeline problems under coolview 970907
@ 1997-09-16  9:58 Sergey Okhapkin
From: Sergey Okhapkin @ 1997-09-16  9:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32, 'Michael A. Chase'

Michael A. Chase wrote:
> .bashrc runs on bash startup, but /etc/profile and .bash_profile only run
> if called from.bashrc.  I use /etc/profile to convert MSDOS format
> environment variables to UNIX format.

Bash executes /etc/profile only when started as login shell.

--
Sergey Okhapkin, http://www.lexa.ru/sos
Moscow, Russia

-