* Re: Info pages, BASH setup
       [not found] <8825651C.0053DB8D.00@lng004.boole.com>
@ 1997-09-24  9:02 ` Mark Feber x3208
From: Mark Feber x3208 @ 1997-09-24  9:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: huotte; +Cc: ccurley, gnu-win32

>  ccurley@wyoming.com wrote:
>  >
>  > I have the user tools only, not the compilers, etc. (for now :-). I
>  notice
>  > there are plenty of Info files in the info directory. This is nice, but
>  > useless without a way to read them. I have NT Emacs, & could use that. Is
>  > there a way to hook the Cygnus info files into the NT Emacs' Info tree?
>  >
>  Piece 'o cake.  Just edit the 'dir' file that lives in the 'info'
>  directory of your NT Emacs installation.  Here's an example line that
>  I added to mine to point to the bash info files:
>    * Bash: (c:/gnu-win32/info/bash.info).  The Bourne Again SHell.
>  Just follow the pattern substituting in the paths to where things live on
>  your file system and you should be all set.
>  BTW, if you invoke Emacs's info mode with a prefix argument
>  (e.g. using 'C-u C-h i'), Emacs will prompt you for the path/filename
>  of the info file you want to browse.
>  Hope this helps.
>  <ED>
>  -

A less intrusive way would be to just set the Info-directory-list variable in
your .emacs file to include the gnu-win32 info directory as well.  E.g:

(setq Info-directory-list '("c:/gnu-win32/b18/info" c:/mumble/mumble/emacs-19.34/info"))

using the appropriate directories for your system.
	mark

-

* RE: Info pages, BASH setup
@ 1997-09-24 23:12 Sergey Okhapkin
From: Sergey Okhapkin @ 1997-09-24 23:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32, 'Stefan Hornburg'

Stefan Hornburg wrote:

> There is a Info-reader for Tcl/Tk (Tkinfo). Dunno if it works on
> Windows.

Tkinfo-1.5 works fine.

--
Sergey Okhapkin, http://www.lexa.ru/sos
Moscow, Russia

-

* Re: Info pages, BASH setup
@ 1997-09-24 16:36 ` Stefan Hornburg
From: Stefan Hornburg @ 1997-09-24 16:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

Charles Curley <ccurley@wyoming.com> writes:

> I have the user tools only, not the compilers, etc. (for now :-). I notice
> there are plenty of Info files in the info directory. This is nice, but
> useless without a way to read them. I have NT Emacs, & could use that. Is
> there a way to hook the Cygnus info files into the NT Emacs' Info tree?
>
> Alternatively, is there a stand-alone Info reader available?
>
> Thanks.

You may set the following variables in your ~/.emacs:

*****
Info-directory-list's value is ("/home/racke/share/info" "/usr/local/share/info" "/usr/local/info" "/usr/info")

Documentation:
List of directories to search for Info documentation files.
nil means not yet initialized.  In this case, Info uses the environment
variable INFOPATH to initialize it, or `Info-default-directory-list'
if there is no INFOPATH variable in the environment.
The last element of `Info-default-directory-list' is the directory
where Emacs installs the Info files that come with it.

Info-additional-directory-list's value is ("")

Documentation:
List of additional directories to search for Info documentation files.
These directories are not searched for merging the `dir' file.
*****

There is a Info-reader for Tcl/Tk (Tkinfo). Dunno if it works on
Windows.

Racke
--
This site is powered by Linux 2.0.29 and his friends
GNU CC 2.7.2, C Library 5.4.23, C++ Library 2.7.2.1, Binutils 2.8.1.0.1.

* Re: Info pages, BASH setup
@ 1997-09-24  5:54   ` Charles Curley
From: Charles Curley @ 1997-09-24  5:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ed Huott; +Cc: gnu-win32

At 11:32 PM 9/23/97 -0400, Ed Huott wrote:
>ccurley@wyoming.com wrote:
>>
>> I have the user tools only, not the compilers, etc. (for now :-). I notice
>> there are plenty of Info files in the info directory. This is nice, but
>> useless without a way to read them. I have NT Emacs, & could use that. Is
>> there a way to hook the Cygnus info files into the NT Emacs' Info tree?
>>

>Piece 'o cake.  Just edit the 'dir' file that lives in the 'info'
>directory of your NT Emacs installation.  Here's an example line that
>I added to mine to point to the bash info files:
>
>  * Bash: (c:/gnu-win32/info/bash.info).  The Bourne Again SHell.
>
>Just follow the pattern substituting in the paths to where things live on
>your file system and you should be all set.
>
>BTW, if you invoke Emacs's info mode with a prefix argument
>(e.g. using 'C-u C-h i'), Emacs will prompt you for the path/filename
>of the info file you want to browse.
>
>Hope this helps.
>
><ED>

Works like a charm. Thank you!

		-- C^2

Looking for fine software and/or web pages?
http://web.idirect.com/~ccurley
-

* Re: Info pages, BASH setup
@ 1997-09-23 20:32 ` Ed Huott