* Re: More Binary Needed
@ 1997-09-25  4:58 Earnie Boyd
From: Earnie Boyd @ 1997-09-25  4:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32, gwin32

>From: gnu-win32 <gwin32@triode.net.au>
>Subject: More Binary Needed
>To: gnu-win32@cygnus.com
>Date: Thu, 25 Sep 1997 09:31:52 +1000 (EST)
>
>I'm just starting to get going with gnu-win32, it certainly takes the
pain
>out of doing a bit of development work on win/95.
>
>I haven't been able to find a more or less binary for gnu-win32, if
>someone has one I would appreciate hearing about it.
>
>Thanks.  Paul
>-
>For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message

Let me first point you to some important documents:

Read the README.txt and faq.txt file located at
ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/gnu-win32/latest/ .

Then take a look at the http://www.cygnus.com/ml/gnu-win32 web page.
This is the mail list archive and you will be able to find the answers
to many questions.

Goodluck,

-        \\||//
---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
-earnie_boyd@hotmail.com-
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------

* Re: More Binary Needed
@ 1997-09-25 11:42 ` Tibor Polgar
From: Tibor Polgar @ 1997-09-25 11:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

 > I'm just starting to get going with gnu-win32, it certainly takes the pain
 > out of doing a bit of development work on win/95.
 >
 > I haven't been able to find a more or less binary for gnu-win32, if
 > someone has one I would appreciate hearing about it.

PLEASE READ THE FAQ BEFORE POSTING!!!!!

from: http://www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32/faq.html

Why aren't man, less, bison, etc. included in the betas?

For obvious reasons, it isn't feasible for us to maintain and provide binary distributions of every tool ported to work with the
Cygwin32 tools. Instead I think Cygnus should concentrate its efforts on the core development tools. Perhaps V or wxwin
should count? It's likely that less and a man command will get added once we get them working to our satisfaction.

Other tools that have been ported should have their changes added to the official releases so they can be compiled straight from
normal sources for that tool. In cases where that isn't possible, someone else (possibly Cygnus if that made sense) could
maintain the diffs and have them up for ftp. Maybe we could keep a list of such tools on the gnu-win32 Web site...

Sorry for the testiness, two posts in one morning for the same childishly easy
information.

Tibor
-

* More Binary Needed