* Re: Problems with the list ?
@ 1997-10-05 19:33 Earnie Boyd
From: Earnie Boyd @ 1997-10-05 19:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mh; +Cc: gnu-win32

>Date: 05 Oct 1997 22:53:00 +0200
>From: mh@mike.franken.de (Michael Hirmke)
>To: gnu-win32@cygnus.com
>Subject: Problems with the list ?
>
>Hi,
>
>do we have a problem with the list ?
>I got nothing for the last two days, but today I got them all *twice* !

I've been receiving them daily, but the double post happened Oct-04.  It
appeared to me as though the messages were routed from the broadcast to
gnu-win32 which sent them back out again.

-        \\||//
---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
-earnie_boyd@hotmail.com-
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------

* Re: Problems with the list ?
@ 1997-10-06 19:29 dahms
From: dahms @ 1997-10-06 19:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: p.dalgaard; +Cc: gnu-win32, dahms

Hi Peter, you wrote:

: Yup. The culprit seems to be mupi@kelly.webguy-prod.com; (s)he needs
: to be taken off the list (or the list needs to learn how to discard
: regurgitated messages).

I suggest to have the list server check the "Received:" headers for
itself to stop loops. That would have worked for all cases I remember
(in contrast to checking footers, which some people forget to trim
when replying).

Bye, Heribert (dahms@ifk20.mach.uni-karlsruhe.de)
-

* Re: Problems with the list ?
@ 1997-10-06 19:07   ` Geoffrey Noer
From: Geoffrey Noer @ 1997-10-06 19:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Dalgaard BSA; +Cc: gnu-win32

Peter Dalgaard BSA wrote:

> Yup. The culprit seems to be mupi@kelly.webguy-prod.com; (s)he needs
> to be taken off the list (or the list needs to learn how to discard
> regurgitated messages).

I hate automatic forwards!!!!!!  *sigh*

Well, it's gone now.  Apologies for the extra mail...

--
Geoffrey Noer
noer@cygnus.com

* Re: Problems with the list ?
@ 1997-10-06  2:19 ` Peter Dalgaard BSA
From: Peter Dalgaard BSA @ 1997-10-06  2:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

"Earnie Boyd" <earnie_boyd@hotmail.com> writes:

> >> Michael.
> >
> >Ayiee chenga! I'm getting messages with that gnu-win32 info signature
> >attached to the bottom thrice. :/
> >
> >- alex
> >

> I just checked the mail archives.  The double, triple, however many it
> will be is being posted there too.  My guess is that someone has an
> automatic forward turned on to gnu-win32.

Yup. The culprit seems to be mupi@kelly.webguy-prod.com; (s)he needs
to be taken off the list (or the list needs to learn how to discard
regurgitated messages).

~~~~~~~~~~ - (p.dalgaard@biostat.ku.dk)             FAX: (+45) 35327907
-

* Re: Problems with the list ?
@ 1997-10-05 19:55 Earnie Boyd
From: Earnie Boyd @ 1997-10-05 19:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: garbanzo; +Cc: gnu-win32

@ 1997-10-05 16:51 ` Alex
From: Alex @ 1997-10-05 16:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Hirmke; +Cc: gnu-win32

@ 1997-10-05 14:25 Michael Hirmke
From: Michael Hirmke @ 1997-10-05 14:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

Hi,

do we have a problem with the list ?
I got nothing for the last two days, but today I got them all *twice* !

Bye.
Michael.
--
Michael Hirmke           | Telefon +49 (911) 557999
Georg-Strobel-Strasse 81 | FAX     +49 (911) 557664
-