* bug in bash with sergey's latest patches?
@ 1997-10-13 10:28 Nicholas Mitchell
From: Nicholas Mitchell @ 1997-10-13 10:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

bash, with the Sergey's latest patches, seems to have a bug. From the
command line, this works:

     % export HOST=`hostname`
     % printenv HOST
           DULCEA                 # this is fine, notice all caps
     % export DISPLAY=$HOST:0.0
     % printenv DISPLAY
           DULCEA:0.0

but if I stick these two lines in my .bashrc
         export HOST=`hostname`
         export DISPLAY=$HOST:0.0

I get this:
     % printenv HOST
           dulcea                 # fine, but notice lower case, now
     % printenv DISPLAY
           :0.0ea                 # oops!

nick

-

* Re: bug in bash with sergey's latest patches?
@ 1997-11-03  5:31 Michael A. Chase
From: Michael A. Chase @ 1997-11-03  5:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicholas Mitchell, gnu-win32

It looks like your are getting a CR at the end of the output from
hostname.  To check my guess, try:

   echo "      '$HOST' "
   echo "      '$DISPLAY' "

If I'm right, you'll see something like

   '     'dulcea
  :0.0   'dulcea

I don't see the effect with Sergey's 971029 cygwin.dll.

Mac :})

-