* imake won't work without /lib/cpp -> a simple shell script
@ 1997-10-20  1:43 gnu-win32-request
From: gnu-win32-request @ 1997-10-20  1:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32; +Cc: nakata

Hello: Thank you very much for the wonderful job that you are doing.
It is making my life much easier.

Here is my two cent's worth. ( I am sure this issue must have come up
before,
but I could not find any entries in FAQ's or mailing-list archives)

1) I tried to compile X11 libraries using xmkmf and imake.(Using Segey's
patch).
2)Imake complains with "cannot execute /lib/cpp"
3) I made a shellscript named /lib/cpp with the following
#!/bin/sh
gcc -E $*
4)I have been able to compile X11 client programs just typing xmkmf and
make.

Best Regards
Toshiyuki Nakata
-

* Re: imake won't work without /lib/cpp -> a simple shell script
@ 1997-10-20 16:17 ` Alex
From: Alex @ 1997-10-20 16:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs; +Cc: gnu-win32

On Mon, 20 Oct 1997, [iso-2022-jp] ^[$BCfED^[(J ^[$BEP;VG7^[(J wrote:

> 1) I tried to compile X11 libraries using xmkmf and imake.(Using Segey's
> patch).
> 2)Imake complains with "cannot execute /lib/cpp"

This is a shortcomming of Imake.  Not gnu-win32.  I don't really know of
any [i386] systems with a /lib dir.

- alex

-

* Re: imake won't work without /lib/cpp -> a simple shell script
@ 1997-10-20 19:25   ` Toshiyuki Nakata
From: Toshiyuki Nakata @ 1997-10-20 19:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alex; +Cc: gnu-win32

 Alex <garbanzo@hooked.net> wrote:

;
; On Mon, 20 Oct 1997, [iso-2022-jp] ^[$BCfED^[(B ^[$BEP;VG7^[(B wrote:
;
; > 1) I tried to compile X11 libraries using xmkmf and imake.(Using Segey's
; > patch).
; > 2)Imake complains with "cannot execute /lib/cpp"
;
; This is a shortcomming of Imake.  Not gnu-win32.  I don't really know of
; any [i386] systems with a /lib dir.

I agree.

I was not complaining about gnu-win32. I was just trying to point out
that by making a /lib/cpp shell script with

#!/bin/sh
gcc -E #*

had made my porting much easier. (similar to having /bin/sh  or
/etc/termcap..)

Cheers
Toshiyuki

-