* "Not a valid windows NT executable"
@ 1997-10-30  2:17 Michael Czapski
From: Michael Czapski @ 1997-10-30  2:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'gnu-win32@cygnus.com'

Hello All,

Some little time ago there have been a couple of posts regarding problems building
applications under WinNT which, if memory serves, were similar to the problem I am
now experiencing.  I searched the archives but since I don't remember the topic I cannot
find the references.

I have b18 with Sergey's patches, binary mount points, etc..
When I build a multi-source project with gcc and GNUmake makefile, a fairly
complicated one at that, the executable builds.  When trying to run it form bash
I get 'permission denied' error even though the permissions are set for full access both
under NT and in bash.  When trying to run the same executable from Winnt CMD i get
'invalid windows NT executable' error, with obvious results.
I do remember that this kind of thing was discussed a little while ago.  Can some kind soul
point me to the topic, pretty please.  As I said, I scanned the archive but without luck.

TIA ...

Cheers ...
--
Michael Czapski
MCzapski@stc.com

-

* Re: "Not a valid windows NT executable"
@ 1997-10-30  4:31 ` Jean-Philippe Chancelier
From: Jean-Philippe Chancelier @ 1997-10-30  4:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: MCzapski; +Cc: gnu-win32

    Michael> Hello All,
When
    Michael> trying to run the same executable from Winnt CMD i get
    Michael> 'invalid windows NT executable' error, with obvious
    Michael> results.  I do remember that this kind of thing was
    Michael> discussed a little while ago.  Can some kind soul point
    Michael> me to the topic, pretty please.  As I said, I scanned the
    Michael> archive but without luck.

	     I have the answer for the second part
 Wolfgang Ocker <weo@recco.de> posted the following mail
 About two weeks ago I reported problems when running gnuwin32 compiled
 programs under NT (NT refused to start them). I've found a partial solution:
 the linker option -S causes the linker to omit the .stab and .stabstr (debug
 info) sections from the binary ... and voila, the programs run! NT seems not
 to like these sections.

 Jean-Philippe C.
-