* fork() problem with sockets
@ 1997-12-10  6:20 Duran
From: Duran @ 1997-12-10  6:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

The Fork()
Problem: The fork child does not
inherate the file descriptors when working whith sockets.
How to reproduce the problem: Just
create a socket server, accept a connection and fork, you will notice that the
child will not be able to use the sockets declared before the
forking.

* RE: fork() problem with sockets
@ 1997-12-10 23:20 Sergey Okhapkin
From: Sergey Okhapkin @ 1997-12-10 23:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32, 'Duran'

Duran wrote:
> Problem: The fork child does not inherate the file descriptors when
working whith sockets.

> How to reproduce the problem: Just create a socket server, accept a
connection and fork, you will notice that the child will not be able to use
the sockets declared before the forking.

The problem is Win95 specific. Winsock's socket() call returns
non-inherittable socket handle on W95. Dowload patched cygwin.dll from my
web page.

--
Sergey Okhapkin, http://www.lexa.ru/sos
Moscow, Russia