* Re: cygwin.dll
@ 1998-01-02  9:02 Earnie Boyd
From: Earnie Boyd @ 1998-01-02  9:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dlundy; +Cc: gnu-win32

Hi Dan,

Did you update with Sergey's coolview distribution?  Do you have your
directories mounted as text=binary?

If you've updated with coolview then there are two places in the
/gnuwin32/b18/... path that the cygwin.dll exists; make sure you've
updated both copies.  One is in the bin directory the other is in a lib
subdirectory where you find libcygwin.a

-        \\||//
---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
-earnie_boyd@hotmail.com-
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------

Let me point you to:
ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/gnu-win32/latest/           (ftp site)
http://www.cygnus.com/pubs/gnupro/                   (Comercial Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32/                (Project Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/ml/gnu-win32                   (Mail Archives)
http://www.itribe.net/virtunix/winhelp-man-pages/    (HTML Man Pages)

http://www.lexa.ru/sos                               (Sergey Okhapkin)

http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin/gcc.html        (Colin Peters)

http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/ (Mumit Khan)

=
>=3D
>As such, I downloaded and installed all the stuff I could gt ahold of.
>
>After reading the installation notes, and carefully doing everything
=3D
>described - I ventured into some source, determined to make my own =3D
>executable, one that worked.
>
>The shell seems to work fine, with all functions available (even
created =
>=3D
>and properly mounted /tmp!).
>
>Problem is, when i invoke a ./configure command, the config fails in
the =
>=3D
>same manner as above (when attempting to call awk.exe).  Another oddity
=
>=3D
>is when I attempt to use make.exe, the same failure occurs in the
cygwin =
>=3D
>except handler.
>
>Since this is occuring in 3 (probably more) independant circumstances,
I =
>=3D
>am guessing that it is a problem with my install, or the version i have
=
>=3D
>of cygwin.dll (the original b18 version).
>
>All this is occuring on a stand-alone Win95 machine with no other known
=
>=3D
>problems.  Any tips, suggestions, or comments are welcome.
>
>Keep up the good work
>dlundy@primenet.com

* cygwin.dll
@ 2001-05-26 13:55 Cserveni Akos
From: Cserveni Akos @ 2001-05-26 13:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi,

Please, forget my mail about cygwin.dll. I have found the
solution among the FAQs. Apologies for that stupid question.

    Akos

* cygwin.dll
@ 2000-01-25  8:27 Nguyen, Dien
From: Nguyen, Dien @ 2000-01-25  8:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'cygwin@sourceware.cygnus.com'

Hello Sir?Madam,
This is Dien Nguyen. I am working on the Adaptive Communication Environment
. This is a portability language that we can port the code into many
different OS. On the instruction of ACE 's web site, the cygwin.dll is
needed. I am looking for the cygwin.dll form your web. but I am not able to
find it ???. Could you please tell me where I can get it. Also, do you have
any idea of when the instruction said we need to set the these paths:
/gnuwin32/b18/H-i386-cygwin32\bin;
/gnuwin32\b18\tcl\bin

what version of cygnus will give this file structures after cygwin installed
succesful on drive C ?. I download and install the full.exe. It give me a
diferent structure such as
/cygnus/cygwinb20/H-i386-cygwin32. but I am not able to find the tcl\bin
????

I would be very much appriciated for your help and your time and look
forward to hear frm you soon
Best Regards
Dien Nguyen

[parent not found: <3AC9A1611DF4D211AA8E00105AA56D8A0493CF@IIS000.microdata.fr>]
* Re: cygwin.dll
@ 1999-04-27  4:50 Earnie Boyd
From: Earnie Boyd @ 1999-04-27  4:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bruce Seely, cygwin

This is certainly strange.  It sounds to me as if make is finding an sh.exe
from an old distribution.  Send the output from `cygcheck -s -v -r' pasted (not
attached).

--- Bruce Seely <bseely@haifa.isx.com> wrote:
> I'm still having a problem with unwanted calls to cygwin.dll (v.s.
> cygwin1.dll). I'm trying to write a Makefile, and can't find any way to do
> even something REALLY simple.

--8<--
===
"Earnie Boyd" < mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com >
CYGWIN RELATED HELP:
 DOCUMENTATION: < http://sourceware.cygnus.com/cygwin/docs.html >
       DLLHELP: < http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/ >
ARCHIVE SEARCH: < http://www.delorie.com/archives/ > OR
                < http://www.eGroups.com/list/gnu-win32/ >

* cygwin.dll
@ 1999-04-26 18:01 Bruce Seely
From: Bruce Seely @ 1999-04-26 18:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I'm still having a problem with unwanted calls to cygwin.dll (v.s.
cygwin1.dll). I'm trying to write a Makefile, and can't find any way to do
even something REALLY simple.

These are two lines from a Makefile file:

blorf:
	cd bar; javac *.java

In the same directory as the Makefile is a directory called bar that has
some java files in it.

If I invove make like this,

bash-2.02$ make blorf

the terminal window displays this:

cd bar; javac *.java

I get a dialog box complaining that it cannot find cygwin.dll:

The dynamic link library cygwin.dll not found in the specified path

when the dialog is closed, the terminal window displays this:

make: *** [blorf] Error 128
bash-2.02$

I get the same result if I use the --unix option.
bash-2.02$ make --unix blorf

If I invoke it with the --win32 option,

bash-2.02$
bash-2.02$ make --win32 blorf
cd bar; javac *.java
The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.
make: *** [blorf] Error 1
bash-2.02$

I get a different error.

I have tried three different forms of the line following blorf:

	cd bar; javac *.java
	cd bar; C:/jdk1.1.8/bin/javac *.java
	cd bar; C:\jdk1.1.8\bin\javac *.java

If I do the commands by hand, it works properly and the files are compiled:

bash-2.02$
bash-2.02$ cd Mediator
bash-2.02$ javac *.java
bash-2.02$

If I do a find files for make.exe, only one instance is found.
It has a modification date of 12/1/98 2:00 PM

I don't know what to do. Any ideas?

* cygwin.dll
@ 1998-01-01 18:15 Dan Lundy
From: Dan Lundy @ 1998-01-01 18:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

<insert "I am an idiot" disclaimers here> Upon
installing and attempting to execute a .exe put together by the = GNUWin32
stuff, I continually receive "STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION" from
= cygwin.dll in the bygwin except handler. So I chalked it up to a
crappy .exe, but I thought the GNUWin32 concept = was interesting - having
toyed with C++ and such briefly in the past.  = As such, I downloaded
and installed all the stuff I could gt ahold of. After reading the
installation notes, and carefully doing everything = described - I ventured
into some source, determined to make my own = executable, one that
worked. The shell seems to work fine, with all functions available (even
created = and properly mounted /tmp!). Problem is, when i invoke a
./configure command, the config fails in the = same manner as above (when
attempting to call awk.exe).  Another oddity = is when I attempt to use
make.exe, the same failure occurs in the cygwin = except
handler. Since this is occuring in 3 (probably more) independant
circumstances, I = am guessing that it is a problem with my install, or the
version i have = of cygwin.dll (the original b18 version). All this is
occuring on a stand-alone Win95 machine with no other known = problems.

@ 1997-10-29 17:07 Tommy Reilly
From: Tommy Reilly @ 1997-10-29 17:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

I'm using gnu-win32 for my JNI native libs (if anyone wants info on
how to do this let me know) and the VM is calling my functions all
right but if I try to use a cygwin function (like printf for instance)
I get a seg fault.  Of course I have MSVC++ installed so its
brain-dead debugger pops up showing me where in cygwin.dll I seg
faulted (yes, I included stdio.h).  I'm not an expert on assembly code
but it looks to be the 3-4 instructions of the printf function (if
posting the relevant assembly from the MSCV++ debugger would be
beneficial let me know).

The printf line is merely:

    printf("Hi\n");

I'm using b18.

So my question is how do I debug this?  I create the dll using the
"How to create a relocatable dll" instructions off the gnu-win32 page
if that helps.  Thanks in advance,

--
Tommy Reilly
DEC StorageWorks

* cygwin.dll
@ 1997-09-04 21:18 marta
From: marta @ 1997-09-04 21:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

Hello:

I would like to know what is the md5 message digest for the latest
cygwin.dll.
When I download and install the usertools, there is a different DLL (at
least I get a different message digest) from that at
ftp.cygnus.com:/pub/gnu-win32/gnu-win32/cygwin.dll. This DLL is dated
5/31 and is 496KB in size; the one in usertools is dated 5/7 and is
497KB in size.

Thanks.

marta@onlive.com

-

* cygwin.dll
@ 1997-02-12 16:36 Who cares...
From: Who cares... @ 1997-02-12 16:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

i was wondering what are the steps, of releasing something with
cygwin.dll in it, i recently released two products which had
cygwin.dll in them, was wondering if i was doing it right, or did i
break any license, i am porting a lot of stuff from linux, and many
people are requesting the ports, so i release them zipped with cygwin.dll
like:
mud.zip
mud.exe
cygwin.dll