* Re: X11 and stuff
@ 1998-10-13  5:05 Earnie Boyd
From: Earnie Boyd @ 1998-10-13  5:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32, jik-

---jik- <fract@sprintmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,

<snip>
> And, off the subject,....were can I find win32 API docs online?  I am
> wishing to write a cross-platform lib in Objective-C and need access
> the info...

Borland has a win32.hlp file you can download from their site.  Once
there, search for win32.hlp.
==
-                \\||//

* Re: X11 and stuff
@ 1998-10-13 21:17 ` David Fox
From: David Fox @ 1998-10-13 21:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jik-; +Cc: gnu-win32

jik- <fract@sprintmail.com> writes:

> I am trying to compile X11 libs and can't do it....
> 1) the patch would not apply correctly, so I edited all the files by
> hand :\  Almost every hunk failed!  I even tried Linux patch...
> 2) even then it would not compile..."Makefile.proto: missing seperator
> line 27" etc....
> This is at a line which says "XCOMM" and had a tailing ^M which I
> removed with a perl script and it got worst :\  Instead of ignoring it
> and trying to continue, it just stopped right there..

These are symptoms that your ascii files have been converted to
DOS format - each newline now has a carriage return (^M) before it.
You need to set "export CYGWIN32=binmode" before you start doing
editing and patching.
--
David Fox           http://hci.ucsd.edu/dsf             xoF divaD
UCSD HCI Lab                                         baL ICH DSCU

* X11 and stuff
@ 1998-10-12  4:06 jik-
From: jik- @ 1998-10-12  4:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

Hi,

I am trying to compile X11 libs and can't do it....
1) the patch would not apply correctly, so I edited all the files by
hand :\  Almost every hunk failed!  I even tried Linux patch...
2) even then it would not compile..."Makefile.proto: missing seperator
line 27" etc....
This is at a line which says "XCOMM" and had a tailing ^M which I
removed with a perl script and it got worst :\  Instead of ignoring it
and trying to continue, it just stopped right there..
3) Why are all the X11 binaries in *.a format??  If it wasn't for that I
would be using them instead, but I do not like the idea of all my
programs having Xaw or whatever compiled directly into the executable.
And at that if they are,...it seems pointless to then compile libX11 as
a *.dll doesn't it??

So, if anyone can help me with this,...or if anyone has compiled thier
X11 libs as dlls and would somehow give me access to a copy, I would
appreciate it.

Also, whoever compiled joe, how did you do it?  I ran into some
conflicting prototype somewere and it puked.

And, off the subject,....were can I find win32 API docs online?  I am
wishing to write a cross-platform lib in Objective-C and need access to
the info...

--
Noah Roberts (jik-)
http://home.sprintmail.com/~fract/