* Re: [PB] "no acceptable ld" : cywin32 pb, way to handle win path ?
@ 1999-02-23  4:11 Suhaib M. Siddiqi
From: Suhaib M. Siddiqi @ 1999-02-23  4:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: automake, Sebastien Barre; +Cc: cygwin

If I remember correctly; Geoffrey Noer mentioned last month, that it was
a Cgywin issue not automake.  Perhaps the problem will be fixed in the
next release of Cygwin.

Suhaib

From: Bernard Dautrevaux @ 1999-02-26  2:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Geoffrey Noer', Gary V. Vaughan; +Cc: Mumit Khan, cygwin, Libtool List

Gary, I think you were saying that libtool converts drive:/path to
//drive/path? this is not UNC, but some a bit crazy (because it forbids
one letter machine names, and cause network timeouts if you refer to an
unexisting drive, like //A/ if the floppy is not inserted) cygwin
convention. This convention is now becoming obsolete and is no more
supported in current snapshot, and replaced by /cygdrive/drive/path
(with cygdrive configurable in the registry).

HTH

	Bernard

Bernard Dautrevaux
Microprocess Ingéniérie
97 bis, rue de Colombes
92400 COURBEVOIE
FRANCE
Tel:	+33 (0) 1 47 68 80 80
Fax:	+33 (0) 1 47 88 97 85
e-mail:	dautrevaux@microprocess.com
		b.dautrevaux@usa.net

* Re: [PB] "no acceptable ld" : cywin32 pb, way to handle win path ?
@ 1999-02-23  5:01 Suhaib M. Siddiqi
From: Suhaib M. Siddiqi @ 1999-02-23  5:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gary V. Vaughan; +Cc: automake, Sebastien Barre, cygwin

>> If I remember correctly; Geoffrey Noer mentioned last month, that it
was
>> a Cgywin issue not automake.  Perhaps the problem will be fixed in
the
>> next release of Cygwin.
>>
>> Suhaib
>
>Yes,  the root of the problem is that 'gcc --print-prog-path=ld' gives
>win32 path (under cygwin), and I think it is this that the cygwin folks
>plan to fix.

Yes, you are correct.  That is what Geof also mentioned. For now
hard-coding the ld path
in configure scripts work.

Suhaib

>Cheers,