* autoconf 2.13 doesn't recognize Cygwin B20.1
@ 1999-02-25 14:42 Wiz
       [not found] ` < 7b4jjn$6qj@eris.giga.or.at >
From: Wiz @ 1999-02-25 14:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi!

I was trying to use AC_CYGWIN to check for the Cygwin environment,
but the line I get is
checking for Cygwin environment... no

I think it checks for __CYGWIN__, but fails (see
/usr/local/share/autoconf.m4).

Is this a bug, or is there now a different way to check for Cygwin?

Bye,
 Thomas

--
Thomas Klausner - wiz@danbala.tuwien.ac.at
WWW-homepage: http://fbma.tuwien.ac.at/~e9325658/Welcome.html

* Re: autoconf 2.13 doesn't recognize Cygwin B20.1
       [not found] ` < 7b4jjn$6qj@eris.giga.or.at >
@ 1999-02-25 14:44   ` DJ Delorie
From: DJ Delorie @ 1999-02-25 14:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wiz; +Cc: cygwin

We've changed gcc to define both __CYGWIN32__ and __CYGWIN__

We want to get rid of __CYGWIN32__ eventually, because "win32" may be
a trademark violation.

Sources should continue to refer to __CYGWIN32__ until we can be
reasonably sure that everyone has the new dev tools.

You should probably manually fix autoconf.m4 to check for __CYGWIN32__
for now.

@ 1999-02-28 23:02 ` Wiz
From: Wiz @ 1999-02-28 23:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin