* Re: Here documents in ash shell scripts mess up stdin on 9x
       [not found] <19990214224355.B6554@cygnus.com>
@ 1999-02-14 22:16 ` Mikey
       [not found]   ` < 36c7a78d.23637243@mail.goodnet.com >
From: Mikey @ 1999-02-14 22:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher Faylor, cygwin

You must be looking at different sources than I am.
this is from
FTP directory /pub/sourceware.cygnus.com/cygwin/cygwin-b19/ at go.cygnus.com
a fresh download/untar

Mikey:/c/tmp/ash-linux-0.2$ grep -n SHINIT *
main.c:159:     } else if ((sflag || minusc) && (shinit = getenv("SHINIT")) != N
ULL) {
sh.1:159:If the environment variable SHINIT is set on entry to the shell,
sh.1:160:the commands in SHINIT are normally parsed and executed.  SHINIT is
Mikey:/c/tmp/ash-linux-0.2$

CVS
CVS/Entries
CVS/Repository
LINUX.DIFFS
Makefile
README.Linux
TOUR
b.c
bltin
bltin/CVS
bltin/CVS/Entries
bltin/CVS/Repository
bltin/bltin.h
bltin/echo.1
bltin/echo.c
bltin/test.c
builtins
cd.c
dirent.c
errmsg.c
errmsg.h
error.c
error.h
eval.c
eval.h
exec.c
exec.h
expand.c
expand.h
funcs
funcs/CVS
funcs/CVS/Entries
funcs/CVS/Repository
funcs/cmv
funcs/dirs
funcs/kill
funcs/login
funcs/newgrp
funcs/popd
funcs/pushd
funcs/suspend
init.h
input.c
input.h
jobs.c
jobs.h
machdep.h
mail.c
mail.h
main.c
main.h
memalloc.c
memalloc.h
miscbltin.c
mkbuiltins
mkinit.c
mknodes.c
mksyntax.c
mktokens
mt
mystring.c
mystring.h
nodes.c.pat
nodetypes
options.c
options.h
output.c
output.h
parser.c
parser.h
redir.c
redir.h
sh.1
shell.h
show.c
trap.c
trap.h
var.c
var.h

and this is what I get in .../src/ash

ChangeLog.Cygnus
Makefile.cygwin32
Makefile.debian
TOUR
aclocal.m4
alias.c
alias.h
arith.c
arith.h
arith.y
arith_lex.c
arith_lex.l
bltin
bltin/bltin.h
bltin/echo.1
bltin/echo.c
bltin/test.c
builtins.c
builtins.def
builtins.h
cd.c
cd.h
configure
configure.in
debian
debian/README.debian
debian/changelog
debian/control
debian/copyright
debian/dirs
debian/rules
error.c
error.h
eval.c
eval.h
exec.c
exec.h
expand.c
expand.h
funcs
funcs/cmv
funcs/dirs
funcs/kill
funcs/login
funcs/newgrp
funcs/popd
funcs/pushd
funcs/suspend
histedit.c
init.c
init.h
input.c
input.h
jobs.c
jobs.h
machdep.h
mail.c
mail.h
main.c
main.h
memalloc.c
memalloc.h
miscbltin.c
miscbltin.h
mkbuiltins
mkinit.c
mknodes.c
mksignames.c
mksyntax.c
mktokens
myhistedit.h
mystring.c
mystring.h
nodes.c
nodes.h
nodetypes
options.c
options.h
output.c
output.h
parser.c
parser.h
redir.c
redir.h
setmode.c
sh.1
shell.h
show.c
show.h
signames.h
syntax.c
syntax.h
token.h
trap.c
trap.h
var.c
var.h
y.tab.h

where did the files arith.c arith.h arith_lex.c arith.y arith.l come from?
what would you call them if not command line math
functions?
Or possibly arithmetic substitution functions?
Regardless what are they doing in a shell
that is there strictly for speed in configure/compile?

And what does any of this have to do with the BUG
that I pointed out in the first place?

@ 1999-02-15 21:23     ` Christopher Faylor
       [not found]       ` < 19990216002334.A11441@cygnus.com >
From: Christopher Faylor @ 1999-02-15 21:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jeffdbREMOVETHIS, cygwin

Ok.  I was looking in our CVS sources.  Apparently Geoff didn't
incorporate ash into CVS for B19 or he wiped it out after installing a
new version.  That would be the "I really must be missing something
here" in my personal email which you forwarded to the list.

cgf

@ 1999-02-17 17:54         ` Geoffrey Noer
From: Geoffrey Noer @ 1999-02-17 17:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher Faylor; +Cc: jeffdbREMOVETHIS, cygwin

> Ok.  I was looking in our CVS sources.  Apparently Geoff didn't
> incorporate ash into CVS for B19 or he wiped it out after installing a
> new version.  That would be the "I really must be missing something
> here" in my personal email which you forwarded to the list.

Nope, ash was not in CVS for B19.  The sources were (and are) still
available as a separate download (cygwin-b19/ash-linux-0.2.tar.gz on
any of the ftp mirrors).  This was the case because of time issues as
I recall.

--
Geoffrey Noer		Email: noer@cygnus.com
Cygnus Solutions

* Re: Here documents in ash shell scripts mess up stdin on 9x
@ 1999-02-28 23:02           ` Geoffrey Noer
From: Geoffrey Noer @ 1999-02-28 23:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher Faylor; +Cc: jeffdbREMOVETHIS, cygwin

@ 1999-02-28 23:02   ` Mikey
From: Mikey @ 1999-02-28 23:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher Faylor, cygwin

FTP directory /pub/sourceware.cygnus.com/cygwin/cygwin-b19/ at go.cygnus.com
a fresh download/untar

@ 1999-02-28 23:02       ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 1999-02-28 23:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jeffdbREMOVETHIS, cygwin

       [not found]   ` < 36C4874D.71585466@paul.rutgers.edu >
@ 1999-02-28 23:02   ` Anil K Ruia
From: Anil K Ruia @ 1999-02-28 23:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Thanx Mike for diagnosing the cause of the problem.  I had been having
this problem on Win98 with B20.1 also and hadn't been able to find a
solution.  I just made /bin/sh a link to bash.exe as opposed to sh.exe
before.  But I remember someone saying something about ash being more
stable for configures than bash.  Could I run into problems because of
that?

- Anil

Mikey wrote:

> I always wondered why configure screwed up bash
> on win95, and I finally figured it out.
>
> Here documents in ash shell scripts
>
> This bug doesn't appear under NT4 SP3.
[stuff deleted]

* Re: Here documents in ash shell scripts mess up stdin on 9x
       [not found] ` < 19990212214629.4743.rocketmail@send106.yahoomail.com >
@ 1999-02-28 23:02 ` Earnie Boyd
From: Earnie Boyd @ 1999-02-28 23:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hey Mikey,

Try this notty set.  I would but I'm not setup on win95 currently.

Thanks,
Earnie.

---Mikey <jeffdbREMOVETHIS@goodnet.com> wrote:

> [...]
> Mikey:/usr/bin$ ./here2
> testing
> Mikey:/usr/bin$ cat here2
> #!/bin/bash
> cat <<!
> testing
> !
> Mikey:/usr/bin$ ./here1
> testing
> Mikey:/usr/bin$ ccat here1
> cat here1
> "D:/usr/H-i586-cygwin32/bin/bash.exe": ccat: command not found
> Mikey:/usr/bin$ cat here1
> cat here1
> #!/bin/sh
> cat <<!
> testing
> !
> Mikey:/usr/bin$               <--------- just pressed <ENTER>
>
> Mikey:/usr/bin$ echo this
> echo this
> this
> Mikey:/usr/bin$
> ------------------------- output ends here
>
> arrow keys stop working for history,
> and command line editing,
> and any command entered from the command
> line is echoed on the next line.
> including just <ENTER> as you can see above.
>
> BTW the ccat is not a typo the first character
> pressed is repeated, and the cat here1
> on the next line is exactly as it was typed.
>
> Symptoms are the same if ash is the login shell.
> ( except there is no history :)
>
> Maybe time for a little cut/paste action bash->ash?
>
> Cygnus Win95/NT Configuration Diagnostics
> Current System Time: Mon Feb 08 01:12:50 1999
>
> Win95 Ver 4.0 build 67306684  C
>
> Path:	/usr/bin
> 	/usr/local/bin
> 	/bin
> 	/bin
> 	/c/WINDOWS
> 	/c/WINDOWS/COMMAND
> 	/c/progra~1/bin95
> 	/progra~1/dos/b
> 	/progra~1/DOS/bin
> 	/progra~1/DOS
> 	/progra~1/ISP16
>
> SysDir: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM
> WinDir: C:\WINDOWS
>
> CYGWIN32 = `tty binmode'
> CYGWIN = `  tty binmode'
> HOME = `/Cygnus/home'
> MAKE_MODE = `unix'
> PWD = `/cygnus/home'
> TCL_LIBRARY = `D:\usr\share\tcl8.0\'
>
> BISONLIB = `/usr/share/'
> COMSPEC = `C:\COMMAND.COM'
> EDITOR = `vi'
> LESSOPEN = `|lesspipe.sh %s'
> LOCATE_PATH = `/Cygnus/home/locatedb'
> RSX_TYPE = `PEI'
> TEMP = `C:\WINDOWS\TEMP'
> TERM = `w32linux'
> TMP = `C:\WINDOWS\TEMP'
> TMPDIR = `/tmp'
> VERSION_CONTROL = `numbered'
> WINDIR = `C:\WINDOWS'
> _ = `/usr/H-i586-cygwin32/bin/cygcheck'
>
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\00
>   (default) = `w:'
>   unix = `/w'
>   fbinary = 0x00000001
>   fsilent = 0x00000000
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\01
>   (default) = `I:\man'
>   unix = `/usr/man'
>   fbinary = 0x00000001
>   fsilent = 0x00000000
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\02
>   (default) = `I:\info'
>   unix = `/usr/info'
>   fbinary = 0x00000001
>   fsilent = 0x00000000
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\03
>   (default) = `h:'
>   unix = `/h'
>   fbinary = 0x00000001
>   fsilent = 0x00000000
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\04
>   (default) = `E:'
>   unix = `/e'
>   fbinary = 0x00000001
>   fsilent = 0x00000000
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\05
>   (default) = `\\.\tape1:'
>   unix = `/dev/st1'
>   fbinary = 0x00000000
>   fsilent = 0x00000001
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\06
>   (default) = `\\.\tape0:'
>   unix = `/dev/st0'
>   fbinary = 0x00000000
>   fsilent = 0x00000001
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\07
>   (default) = `\\.\b:'
>   unix = `/dev/fd1'
>   fbinary = 0x00000000
>   fsilent = 0x00000001
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\08
>   (default) = `\\.\a:'
>   unix = `/dev/fd0'
>   fbinary = 0x00000000
>   fsilent = 0x00000001
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\09
>   (default) = `c:'
>   unix = `/c'
>   fbinary = 0x00000001
>   fsilent = 0x00000000
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\0A
>   (default) = `d:\usr\H-i586-cygwin32\bin'
>   unix = `/bin'
>   fbinary = 0x00000001
>   fsilent = 0x00000000
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\0B
>   (default) = `d:'
>   unix = `/'
>   fbinary = 0x00000001
>   fsilent = 0x00000000
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\Program Options

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Cygnus
Cygwin B20
>   (default) = `C:\WINDOWS\IsUninst.exe
-fc:\cygbak\cygwin-b20\Uninst.isu'
>   DisplayName = `Cygwin B20'
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\00
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\01
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\02
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\03
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\04
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\05
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\06
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\07
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\08
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\09
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\0A
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\0B
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\0C
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\0D
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\0E
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\0F
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\10
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\11
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\12
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\13
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\14
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\15
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\16
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\17
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\18
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\19
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\1A
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\1B
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\1C
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\1D
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\GNUPro
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\GNUPro\i586-cygwin32
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus
Solutions\GNUPro\i586-cygwin32\i586-cygwin32
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus
Solutions\GNUPro\i586-cygwin32\i586-cygwin32\cygwin-B20.1
>   (default) = `c:\cygbak\cygwin-b20'
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin B20
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin B20\B20.1
>
> a:\ fd           N/A    N/A
> c:\ hd  FAT     1862Mb  88% CP    UN       VC
> d:\ hd  FAT32    962Mb  94% CP    UN           DRIVE2 1
> e:\ hd  FAT32   1220Mb  95% CP    UN           DRIVE1 2
> f:\ cd  CDFS     105Mb 100% CP                 QUAKE101
> h:\ hd  aΐS
>     277Mb  38% CP                 hda3
> i:\ hd  aΐS
>     257Mb  83% CP                 hdb2
> w:\ hd  FAT     1017Mb 100% CP    UN
>
> d:                          /          native  text=binary
> d:\usr\H-i586-cygwin32\bin  /bin       native  text=binary
> c:                          /c         native  text=binary
> \\.\a:                      /dev/fd0   native  text!=binary
> \\.\b:                      /dev/fd1   native  text!=binary
> \\.\tape0:                  /dev/st0   native  text!=binary
> \\.\tape1:                  /dev/st1   native  text!=binary
> E:                          /e         native  text=binary
> h:                          /h         native  text=binary
> I:\info                     /usr/info  native  text=binary
> I:\man                      /usr/man   native  text=binary
> w:                          /w         native  text=binary
>
> Found: d:\usr\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\bash.exe
> Found: d:\usr\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\cat.exe
> Found: d:\progra~1\DOS\cat.exe
> Warning: d:\usr\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\cat.exe hides
d:\progra~1\DOS\cat.exe
> Not Found: cpp (good!)
> Found: d:\usr\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\find.exe
> Found: c:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\find.exe
> Warning: d:\usr\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\find.exe hides
c:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\find.exe
> Found: d:\usr\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\gcc.exe
> Found: d:\usr\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\gdb.exe
> Found: d:\usr\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\ld.exe
> Found: d:\usr\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\ls.exe
> Found: d:\progra~1\DOS\ls.exe
> Warning: d:\usr\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\ls.exe hides
d:\progra~1\DOS\ls.exe
> Found: d:\usr\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\make.exe
> Found: d:\usr\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\sh.exe
>
>   451k 1999/01/16 d:\usr\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\cygwin1.dll - os=4.0
img=1.0 sys=4.0
>                   "cygwin1.dll" v0.0 ts=1999/1/15 22:09
>   371k 1998/12/01 d:\usr\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\cygtcl80.dll - os=4.0
img=1.0 sys=4.0
>                   "cygtcl80.dll" v0.0 ts=1998/12/1 1:25
>     5k 1998/12/01 d:\usr\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\cygtclpip80.dll -
os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
>    10k 1998/12/01 d:\usr\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\cygtclreg80.dll -
os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
>                   "cygtclreg80.dll" v0.0 ts=1998/12/1 1:25
>   600k 1998/12/01 d:\usr\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\cygtk80.dll - os=4.0
img=1.0 sys=4.0
>                   "cygtk80.dll" v0.0 ts=1998/12/1 1:28
> Use -h to see help about each section

==
-                        \\||//

From: Christopher Faylor @ 1999-02-28 23:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jeffdb, cygwin

@ 1999-02-28 23:02     ` Mikey
From: Mikey @ 1999-02-28 23:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

notty seems to cure it, sadly 95 with notty gets very
unstable. :-(

From: Mikey @ 1999-02-28 23:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: earnie_boyd, cygwin

No thanks, I don't need any more data disappearing.

I reported the BUG so it could be fixed, the [no]tty
setting should have no effect on  the behavior of stdin|out|err
after running a here document.

You of course are more than welcome to test it ;^)

@ 1999-02-28 23:02 ` Mikey
From: Mikey @ 1999-02-28 23:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

[...]

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\00
  (default) = `w:'
  unix = `/w'
  fbinary = 0x00000001
  fsilent = 0x00000000
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\01
  (default) = `I:\man'
  unix = `/usr/man'
  fbinary = 0x00000001
  fsilent = 0x00000000
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\02
  (default) = `I:\info'
  unix = `/usr/info'
  fbinary = 0x00000001
  fsilent = 0x00000000
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\03
  (default) = `h:'
  unix = `/h'
  fbinary = 0x00000001
  fsilent = 0x00000000
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\04
  (default) = `E:'
  unix = `/e'
  fbinary = 0x00000001
  fsilent = 0x00000000
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\05
  (default) = `\\.\tape1:'
  unix = `/dev/st1'
  fbinary = 0x00000000
  fsilent = 0x00000001
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\06
  (default) = `\\.\tape0:'
  unix = `/dev/st0'
  fbinary = 0x00000000
  fsilent = 0x00000001
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\07
  (default) = `\\.\b:'
  unix = `/dev/fd1'
  fbinary = 0x00000000
  fsilent = 0x00000001
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\08
  (default) = `\\.\a:'
  unix = `/dev/fd0'
  fbinary = 0x00000000
  fsilent = 0x00000001
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\09
  (default) = `c:'
  unix = `/c'
  fbinary = 0x00000001
  fsilent = 0x00000000
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\0A
  (default) = `d:\usr\H-i586-cygwin32\bin'
  unix = `/bin'
  fbinary = 0x00000001
  fsilent = 0x00000000
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\0B
  (default) = `d:'
  unix = `/'
  fbinary = 0x00000001
  fsilent = 0x00000000
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\Program Options
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Cygnus Cygwin B20
  (default) = `C:\WINDOWS\IsUninst.exe -fc:\cygbak\cygwin-b20\Uninst.isu'
  DisplayName = `Cygwin B20'
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\00
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\01
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\02
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\03
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\04
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\05
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\06
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\07
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\08
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\09
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\0A
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\0B
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\0C
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\0D
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\0E
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\0F
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\10
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\11
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\12
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\13
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\14
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\15
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\16
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\17
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\18
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\19
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\1A
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\1B
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\1C
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\1D
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\GNUPro
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\GNUPro\i586-cygwin32
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\GNUPro\i586-cygwin32\i586-cygwin32
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\GNUPro\i586-cygwin32\i586-cygwin32\cygwin-B20.1

       [not found]       ` < 36c4cded.69666249@mail.goodnet.com >
@ 1999-02-28 23:02       ` Mikey
From: Mikey @ 1999-02-28 23:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Anil K Ruia; +Cc: cygwin

Yes, ash on 9x is much more stable (and faster :) running configure than bash.
On 95a linking /bin/sh -> bash.exe will cause lockups, even with CYGWIN=  tty
or at least it did for me with b19, your mileage may vary.

Do not use the b20 ash, recompile the one from b19, the b20 ash
has several serious bugs, and someone is trying to add features,
that are not needed, for a non-login shell.

The main problem is that once ash exits after running configure if you continue to
use that login shell and a non cygwin app segfaults in it, you can have
hard lockups.

Can you say reset-button? I knew you could ;^)

Once configure exits I always exit that console and start a new one.

       [not found]               ` < 36c7283a.158332818@mail.goodnet.com >
@ 1999-02-28 23:02               ` Mikey
From: Mikey @ 1999-02-28 23:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher Faylor, cygwin

The subject is here documents in ash,
not ash bugs in general.

The other bug that I noticed that caused
me to go back to B19 ash is that
B20 ash fails to read/execute $SHINIT, which is
how I get it to read ~/.shrc on startup.

Sorry Chris, I know you did most of the work
on "upgrading" ash, but I really can't see the
point to adding console math functions in an sh compatible
shell. I don't recall them being there in svr4, but maybe my
memory is bad?

The only reason for ash to even
be included in cygwin is that it has about
20% of the working set size of bash. Making it bigger
isn't going to make it load/fork faster. ;^)

It would be more to the point IMHO to get rid of the hash code, since
it isn't needed under windows.
(windows already keeps track of the last XXX files that have been opened see
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\FS Templates )

In the meantime what about the here document BUG?

       [not found]           ` < 19990213164222.D590@cygnus.com >
@ 1999-02-28 23:02           ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 1999-02-28 23:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jeffd, cygwin