* Re: _ctype_
@ 1999-02-25 20:38 N8TM
From: N8TM @ 1999-02-25 20:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mlx, bporter, cygwin

In a message dated 2/25/99 8:54:28 AM Pacific Standard Time, mlx@san.rr.com
writes:

<< 2. Installing the Jan-15 newlib/winsup src and egcs-1.1.1 src someplace.

 3. Build both packages.

I've built (patched, configured, bootstrapped in accordance with Mumit Khan's
instructions) egcs-1.1.1 and 1.1.2-pre1 and 2 on the Jan 23 snapshot binary
and got away from this problem.  The problem seems to occur when you have the
cygwin-b20.2 style snapshots installed along with a b20.1 version of the
compilers, where you're mixing the old and new implementations of ctype.

[parent not found: <604BE7100DB8D21180C900805FC772ABEC29@berlin.netdelivery>]
* Re: _ctype_
@ 1999-02-25  8:52 Steve Biskis
       [not found] ` < 005d01be60df$31354220$080216c0@newt.san.rr.com >
From: Steve Biskis @ 1999-02-25  8:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brad Porter, 'Cygwin'

Yes, I had the same problem.  It has something to do with differences
between the b20.1 December release and later snapshots.

I was building the Jan-15 newlib/winsup snapshot and egcs-1.1.1 OK
but then ran into undefined reference to _ctype blah blah when trying
to compile my stuff with the resulting tools.

I was also building the Dec Cygnus release and egcs-1.1.1 and then got
undefined reference to __imp_ctype blah blah when building my stuff.

I'm sorry that I can't give very good details but I do remember concluding
that it
was due to the newlib/winsup package somehow falling out of sync with the
egcs package.  I didn't trust my builds very much because I had to play
games
with links & headers, etc. to get both pieces to build.  I couldn't devote
any more
time to it and just cleaned out the whole mess and installed the
precompiled.

I'm pretty sure this will all be recreated by:

1. Installing full.exe

2. Installing the Jan-15 newlib/winsup src and egcs-1.1.1 src someplace.

3. Build both packages.

4. Install the resulting binaries over their older counterparts from
full.exe.

5. Try to build your own source.