* RE: [Q:] Has Mail Delivery Changed?
@ 1999-02-09  2:37 Simon Fear
From: Simon Fear @ 1999-02-09  2:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Simon Kissane'; +Cc: 'gnu-win32@cygnus.com'

I never thought I would find myself extolling the virtues of a MS
product, but using Outlook you can set a rule to search the (whole)
header for the string 'cygnus' which has caught everything sent so far

Simon F

From: Oelke, Dan @ 1999-02-10  7:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

Oh - if it were only a matter of having to compile up a mailer - I'd be
in heaven.  But, we only have an Exchange server for company email, and
everyone expects you to send/receive Outlook style calendar things as
well as Word attachments.  You'd swear that people had never heard of
just using straight ASCII..... <sigh>

Hence my need to get a separate IMAP/POP account outside the company so
that I can get a real mailer and filtering capabilities, etc.....

Dan

@ 1999-02-09  7:11 Oelke, Dan
       [not found] ` < C59D5C0A3D3FD21192BA00A0C9DDB6A8012EA8@bemidji >
From: Oelke, Dan @ 1999-02-09  7:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

A list management program must put in a Sender field to
really be RFC-822 compliant. And, mail delivery systems
must use that field for handling bounces.   Unfortunately,
CCmail and Exchange gateways are very often do not use
the Sender field. <sigh> but that is another whole battle.

Can someone at cygnus who has control over the new
list management software please configure it to put in
a Sender: field.  If nothing else, a formail filter can put
one in for you quite nicely, but I am guessing that this
new software package you are using should be able to
do it.  If you want - I can quote page and section of 822
that requires it.  God knows I've done that to enough
postmasters for CCmail systems ;-)

As for Outlook scanning the entire header - not Outlook 97
that I am using on NT.  It's filtering capabilities suck.
I really need to find me a Unix home on the net someplace
that I can connect via IMAP to.......

Thanks,
Dan

* [Q:] Has Mail Delivery Changed?