* objcopy converting a.out to ELF with DWARF2 for i386
@ 1999-03-08 12:35 John Kastner, Ph.D.
       [not found] ` < 004301be69a3$043ffa40$3ca6b6cc@kastner.arium.com >
From: John Kastner, Ph.D. @ 1999-03-08 12:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

The company I work for would like to work with ELF/DWARF2 files.
However our user base still uses older a.out.  We are looking into using
objcopy on a.out to produce ELF/DWARF2.  We don't require perfect
fidelity but  we are looking for a strong interim solution.  We only need
an i386 solution (a.out-i386 to elf32-i386).

Is anyone out there currently doing a similar extension to the tools?

Is anyone out there interested in receiving our extensions if and when
we produce them?

I welcome helpful comments and suggestions.

John Kastner, Ph.D.
kastner@home.com

* Re: objcopy converting a.out to ELF with DWARF2 for i386
       [not found] ` < 004301be69a3$043ffa40$3ca6b6cc@kastner.arium.com >
@ 1999-03-08 13:13   ` Chris Faylor
From: Chris Faylor @ 1999-03-08 13:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Kastner, Ph.D.; +Cc: cygwin

On Mon, Mar 08, 1999 at 12:34:08PM -0800, John Kastner, Ph.D. wrote:
>The company I work for would like to work with ELF/DWARF2 files.
>However our user base still uses older a.out.  We are looking into using
>objcopy on a.out to produce ELF/DWARF2.  We don't require perfect
>fidelity but  we are looking for a strong interim solution.  We only need
>an i386 solution (a.out-i386 to elf32-i386).
>
>Is anyone out there currently doing a similar extension to the tools?
>
>Is anyone out there interested in receiving our extensions if and when
>we produce them?
>
>I welcome helpful comments and suggestions.

It sounds like you would be changing binutils.  You might want to send
mail to bfd-gas@cygnus.com when you're done.  The maintainers of bfd and
gas (and binutils) might be interested in your changes.

cgf

* Re: objcopy converting a.out to ELF with DWARF2 for i386
@ 1999-03-31 19:45     ` Chris Faylor
From: Chris Faylor @ 1999-03-31 19:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Kastner, Ph.D.; +Cc: cygwin

@ 1999-03-31 19:45 ` John Kastner, Ph.D.