* Time offset strangeness
@ 1999-03-11  1:27 Sebastien Carpe
       [not found] ` < 36E78C65.A1842A6D@atos-group.com >
From: Sebastien Carpe @ 1999-03-11  1:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

For some days, i've been experiencing a strange time leap in the date batch or
in my asclock. The hour given is 1 hour ahead the real date. The date in the
so-called is however correct "system tray". I've rebooted (on Windows like,
this often fixes things ;) ), but yet, it didn't help.
I suspect there is just something wrong in the cygwin code, may be about the
summer time and winter time leap... Is Cygwin accurate with this special
feature ?
Any way, this is just annoying  when i think it's time to leave office, but
there's one more hour, and it will be a real problem, when i'll end up using
Xemacs for mailing if my mails are not time stamped correctly. (for now, i'll
keep my way on with Communicator, until i can fix VM stamps to say my mails
have not been sent the 1st January of 1970 !! )

* Time offset strangeness
       [not found] ` < 36E78C65.A1842A6D@atos-group.com >
@ 1999-03-11  2:25   ` David Starks-Browning
                       ` (2 more replies)
From: David Starks-Browning @ 1999-03-11  2:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastien Carpe; +Cc: cygwin

On Thursday 11 Mar 99, Sebastien Carpe writes:
> For some days, i've been experiencing a strange time leap in the date batch or
> in my asclock. The hour given is 1 hour ahead the real date. The date in the
> so-called is however correct "system tray". I've rebooted (on Windows like,
> this often fixes things ;) ), but yet, it didn't help.
> I suspect there is just something wrong in the cygwin code, may be about the
> summer time and winter time leap... Is Cygwin accurate with this special
> feature ?
> Any way, this is just annoying  when i think it's time to leave office, but
> there's one more hour, and it will be a real problem, when i'll end up using
> Xemacs for mailing if my mails are not time stamped correctly. (for now, i'll
> keep my way on with Communicator, until i can fix VM stamps to say my mails
> have not been sent the 1st January of 1970 !! )

There is a known time problem in B20.1, cf. the thread beginning at
< http://www.cygnus.com/ml/gnu-win32/1998-Dec/0446.html >.  Try a later
snapshot of the cygwin dll.

David

  David Starks-Browning                  | starksb@ebi.ac.uk
  EMBL Outstation --                     |
  The European Bioinformatics Institute  |
  Wellcome Trust Genome Campus           | tel: +44 (1223) 494 616
  Hinxton, Cambridge, CB10 1SD, UK       | fax: +44 (1223) 494 468

* Re: Time offset strangeness
@ 1999-03-11  3:20     ` Sebastien Carpe
From: Sebastien Carpe @ 1999-03-11  3:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Starks-Browning; +Cc: cygwin

I missed this one, sorry for the spam, then ; and thank you for the pointer.
Strange that until this week it worked fine...

@ 1999-03-11  5:12     ` Sebastien Carpe
From: Sebastien Carpe @ 1999-03-11  5:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Starks-Browning; +Cc: cygwin

Well, i tried the cygwin1.dll latest snapshot, and also the sergey coolview,
but none of these library fixed the problem :with coolview, date still tell
date one hour ahead.
and i didn't manage to start cygnus.bat with the cygwin dll snapshot from the
26th of January 1999. Anyone any clue ?

@ 1999-03-11  5:39   ` DJ Delorie
       [not found]     ` < 199903111338.IAA17392@envy.delorie.com >
From: DJ Delorie @ 1999-03-11  5:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: scarpe; +Cc: cygwin

> For some days, i've been experiencing a strange time leap in the date batch or
> in my asclock. The hour given is 1 hour ahead the real date. The date in the

Do you have "automatic adjustments" enabled in your date/time settings?

We've found a bug in NT that it reports timezone info wrong if this is
set, right around the times when you'd change from standard to
daylight time, and disabling the automatic adjustments seems to fix
it.

* Re: Time offset strangeness
       [not found]     ` < 199903111338.IAA17392@envy.delorie.com >
@ 1999-03-12  1:48       ` Philip Aston
From: Philip Aston @ 1999-03-12  1:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: DJ Delorie; +Cc: scarpe, cygwin

DJ Delorie writes:

 > > For some days, i've been experiencing a strange time leap in the
 > > date batch or in my asclock. The hour given is 1 hour ahead the
 > > real date.

I'm seeing the same thing.

 > Do you have "automatic adjustments" enabled in your date/time
 > settings?
 >
 > We've found a bug in NT that it reports timezone info wrong if this
 > is set, right around the times when you'd change from standard to
 > daylight time, and disabling the automatic adjustments seems to fix
 > it.

This "fixed" it, thanks.

BTW, Sebasiten, you should have found that the VM date problem is
cured by the later dll's.

- Phil

* Re: Time offset strangeness
@ 1999-03-31 19:45       ` Sebastien Carpe
From: Sebastien Carpe @ 1999-03-31 19:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Starks-Browning; +Cc: cygwin

@ 1999-03-31 19:45     ` DJ Delorie
From: DJ Delorie @ 1999-03-31 19:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: scarpe; +Cc: cygwin

@ 1999-03-31 19:45         ` Philip Aston
From: Philip Aston @ 1999-03-31 19:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: DJ Delorie; +Cc: scarpe, cygwin

DJ Delorie writes:

 > > For some days, i've been experiencing a strange time leap in the
 > > date batch or in my asclock. The hour given is 1 hour ahead the
 > > real date.

I'm seeing the same thing.

@ 1999-03-31 19:45     ` David Starks-Browning
From: David Starks-Browning @ 1999-03-31 19:45 UTC (permalink / raw)